Baby monitors and playing outside?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby monitors and playing outside?

If I have a baby/child asleep upstairs and have a mobile baby monitor (which I take outside with me) so I can hear the mindee, can I go outside with the other children and play in the garden?

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I do but I can still see the whole of my downstairs as it quite open and my garden isn't very deep. I think you have to consider the risks really as everyone's house & garden have a different set up.

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply- what does everyone else do or feel comfortable with?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Id be completely happy to do that , it keeps all children within sight or hearing.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I'd have a risk assessment written or in your head in case ever queried. But it sounds like you have everything covered.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure to be honest. It was never an option for me as we live in a flat but I do remember being frustrated when one of them was sleeping and we all had to stay indoors. We do have a roof terrace where we could get fresh air and do small scale activities, but it's not the same as being able to run around. I also like to check on sleeping babies from time to time and you wouldn't be able to do that without bringing all the little ones back indoors for the sake of the few seconds it takes to check on the sleeping baby. I don't suppose you could put the baby to sleep downstairs in the room that leads to the garden?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a big old fashioned pram, when I did a short session with one of my mindees new baby brother earlier this week I popped him in the pram and he came outside too, sleeping all snugly in the sprung pram in the fresh air. My own boys ( one born in September) always slept outside for a little while in this pram daily, getting fresh air with a cat net over.....it's very old fashioned, but I think it's really good for them to sleep outside as long as it isn't foggy and they are all snuggled in.
    The modern fashion of buggies instead of well insulated prams has stopped this routine I think.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Floradora babies sleeping outside brings back happy memories for me!

9. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My babies tend to sleep upstairs in a bedroom that is at the back of the house and I always have the windows open unless it's really cold and even then they are open slightly to let fresh air in. So I can then hear them from the garden. If I thought I wouldn't be able to hear them I would use a baby monitor.