Watch the Childcare.co.uk TV ad during Three Day Nanny tonight!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch the Childcare.co.uk TV ad during Three Day Nanny tonight!

The new Childcare.co.uk TV advert is going to be shown on Channel 4 tonight during Three Day Nanny.

If you haven't yet seen the advert you can also watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2uSzazsA1g
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

2. Likes cathtee, Rick liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

4. Likes Richard liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its on good food channel a lot

We still get excited when it comes on
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes cathtee, Richard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool.

What does every one think if the three day nanny programme? What ever happened to supernanny?

may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My eldest daughter came runningin to tell me
    I think it's brilliant!!!!!

9. Likes Richard, Dragonfly liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed it but I shall have a look at the link.

Mumofone - I love 3 day nanny, these parents are at the end of their tether and I think she does a great job. Some people will hate it as she's very harsh but others will see it for what it is.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see 3 day nanny as harsh ( unless i am harsh) i see her as a person with common sense.I can't believe some of the parents -no you can't have, oh go on then after a bit of whinging .What!

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I don't see 3 day nanny as harsh ( unless i am harsh) i see her as a person with common sense.I can't believe some of the parents -no you can't have, oh go on then after a bit of whinging .What!

Haha I know (though I'm guilty of this one) but what about the parents last night Whos kids stayed up until 11pm each night?!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I make no apologies for any perceived "cynicism" here.

This is TV as entertainment: it is not 'education' and I'd be very surprised if it resided anywhere near the same post code as 'the truth'.

I had some close involvement (fortunately off-camera) with some of the 'stories' on Airport and The Tube. Suffice to say they were just that: stories. The Tube mainly comprised LUL stooges and sycophants pushed in front of the cameras and supplied with all manner of sweeteners to make the company and its management look wonderful, whilst the TV producers struggled to trip them up and come out with the odd off-message clanger. With Airport, the camera crews filmed all sorts of disparate images then edited them around largely fictitious plot-lines.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget about 'Super Nanny' or 'Three day Nanny', they should bring in 'Super Childminder', show the public what it involves!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

16. Likes loocyloo, hectors house, sarah707 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Forget about 'Super Nanny' or 'Three day Nanny', they should bring in 'Super Childminder', show the public what it involves!
    I think the 3 day nanny is actually a cm?...did I get that wrong?

I really did warm to her in the end and for one reason....she constantly stated how parents 'talk at the children'...not 'to them'...there she was spot on and it is something not just parents do!

I also query how these parents can put themselves in front of the camera and be seen in their misery ...as many of the mums were really in such a state.
    Also would you shame your child in front of millions on tv by allowing those huge tantrums to be televised and criticised?

18. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The mother with 22 month old twins on 3 day nanny the other day whose children wrecked the department store - has she never heard of a double buggy? I agree that maybe these parents should go on a few trips or a school run with a childminder to show them how it's important for the adults to be in control rather than the children calling the shots.

Only part way through watching this weeks programme with the parents who don't give children tea until gone 8pm and put them to bed at 11 pm - what planet have they been on to not realise that is not normal!

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    The mother with 22 month old twins on 3 day nanny the other day whose children wrecked the department store - has she never heard of a double buggy? I agree that maybe these parents should go on a few trips or a school run with a childminder to show them how it's important for the adults to be in control rather than the children calling the shots.

Only part way through watching this weeks programme with the parents who don't give children tea until gone 8pm and put them to bed at 11 pm - what planet have they been on to not realise that is not normal!
    In many cultures children eat very late with the family especially during the summer months and have very late bedtimes ...not an excuse for them to misbehave though.

In some cases in the show the parents were not in control, unable to set boundaries and saying NO ...that meant NO....For peace sake they gave in.
    some maybe had a problem being authoritative...others appeared really scared

I would say that, as children's behaviour has to be guided to become acceptable and self rewarding, so does the way parents raise their children...it is a learning curve for both.

As someone said 'children do not come with a handbook'....parents do have the opportunity to seek help and not leave it so late and then go on TV to solve the mess they are left with.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

When my two DD were very young, they didn't go to bed until 9 pm as their daddy didn't get home until 7 pm. He would never see them otherwise. Over the years it changed to 8 pm, which suits us as a family.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

When my two DD were very young, they didn't go to bed until 9 pm as their daddy didn't get home until 7 pm. He would never see them otherwise. Over the years it changed to 8 pm, which suits us as a family.
    Hows life after childminding ripeberry?

Simona Guest

Spot on...it has to suit your family but it does not mean the children should be wild with it
    In hot countries people have a long siesta, including children, which allows them to rest and stay up longer in the evening....without the tantrums we saw in that programme.

How are you Ripeberry in your post childminding status...is it good ? is your new business blooming?