Toilet seat help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toilet seat help!

Can anyone tell me what kind of toilet seat attachment I need for a 3/4 year old? Totally clueless! Thank you!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

In my downstairs toilet I have a seat where the toddler seat is built in and then when you lift that up you have the normal adult toilet seat underneath. All my children use the toddler seat from when they are first toilet training right up to my DD who is now 7 but still prefers to use the little seat. It's a great design, all in one and is just white so looks just like a normal toilet seat when the lid is closed. I bought it about 3 years ago when a newly toilet trained 3 year old fell down the toilet, oops

xx

Like this one NEW Family Soft Close WC Toilet Seat Child Potty Training | eBay
    Last edited by AliceK; 21-07-2015 at 10:09 AM.

3. Likes Cavegirl liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Can be a bit of trial and error- some seats will fit your loo better than others.
    Some children prefer/need a different shape (high at the front, for example) or want something the same/similar to home.
    Some reluctant users need the bribe of a 'special' seat in a favourite colour/characters on.
    I look at how easy to clean they are too!
    I have about 3 different ones from charity shops so we can just see what works for the child and the particular toilet!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    In my downstairs toilet I have a seat where the toddler seat is built in and then when you lift that up you have the normal adult toilet seat underneath. All my children use the toddler seat from when they are first toilet training right up to my DD who is now 7 but still prefers to use the little seat. It's a great design, all in one and is just white so looks just like a normal toilet seat when the lid is closed. I bought it about 3 years ago when a newly toilet trained 3 year old fell down the toilet, oops

xx

Like this one NEW Family Soft Close WC Toilet Seat Child Potty Training | eBay
    Love these but it would not fit on my toilet, so measure well if you are tempted!

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting thread, I too was having the same problem

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a loo seat that was from Lidl a while back - it's got an adult sized seat then a smaller seat comes down for children then the lid! great design - means no need to place a removable child's seat on.