Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default whats the procedure when giving up

when you give up childminding what do I have to do/who do I need to inform.
    How long can I keep being registered with no children on my books?

thanks

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keohane1 View Post

thanks
    If you have no children in your care you can keep being registered and pay the registration fee....I believe you can do so for a while without any problems
    But if you were inspected it would be with 'no children on roll'.
    If you wish to deregister call Ofsted, inform them, they may ask you put it in writing.
    Also inform your LA so they take you off their list...if you were funded for early education ensure your LA deletes your bank details

Post Thanks / Like

when you give up childminding what do I have to do/who do I need to inform. How long can I keep being registered with no children on my books? thanks
    How come your giving up keohane? :-(

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I recently de-registered with Ofsted. I phoned them and they said to destroy my certificate. I also phoned Pacey to cancel (i.e. not renew) my insurance. I then emailed my Development Officer (we still have them where I live) to tell her and check who else I should call. She said that Ofsted would inform the LA and that I didn't need to do anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    I recently de-registered with Ofsted. I phoned them and they said to destroy my certificate. I also phoned Pacey to cancel (i.e. not renew) my insurance. I then emailed my Development Officer (we still have them where I live) to tell her and check who else I should call. She said that Ofsted would inform the LA and that I didn't need to do anything else.
    How come you de-registered sing-low?

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    How come you de-registered sing-low?
    Moving to Wales (where I plan to re-register with CSSIW).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Moving to Wales (where I plan to re-register with CSSIW).
    Oh yes, I think you told me that before :-) x

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    Because I am fed up having no life outside of childminding (self inflicted). I eat, sleep, breath childminding and it's not healthy. I can't close the door after the last child goes because I have become so obsessed with getting my paperwork even better than it is. I trawl cm Internet sites looking for ideas and it's driving me nuts lol.
    I reckon if I stuck it out until I get my next Ofsted inspection I would get an outstanding but my marriage would be over and let's be honest, is any job worth that! If I was paid thousands then the dedication and hard work I put into my business would be worth it but i'me not and that's when you have to say enough is enough.
    I have absolutely loved my job and the children and am really upset to be saying goodbye...if I could turn the clock back four years I would do it all differently. I wouldn't join forums for a start, alithogh these have given me the fab ideas they have also made me addicted to being better and better changing my paperwork 101 times, I would spend more time with my hubby and relax more.
    I am moving on to a part time job in my local hospital which is on my doorstep 830 to 130 starting in August. My life will be back, I will have time to do everything that I seem to have to juggle round childminding or after the kids have gone, I will be able to sit down with my husband at 6pm and talk about things instead of thinking oh I still have to do this and that. I am looking forward to de stressing and getting my life back to how it used to before to entered the crazy world of childminding.
    Last edited by keohane1; 08-07-2015 at 06:26 AM.

9. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Simona Guest

Because I am fed up having no life outside of childminding (self inflicted). I eat, sleep, breath childminding and it's not healthy. I can't close the door after the last child goes because I have become so obsessed with getting my paperwork even better than it is. I trawl cm Internet sites looking for ideas and it's driving me nuts lol.
    I reckon if I stuck it out until I get my next Ofsted inspection I would get an outstanding but my marriage would be over and let's be honest, is any job worth that! If I was paid thousands then the dedication and hard work I put into my business would be worth it but i'me not and that's when you have to say enough is enough.
    I have absolutely loved my job and the children and am really upset to be saying goodbye...if I could turn the clock back four years I would do it all differently. I wouldn't join forums for a start, alithogh these have given me the fab ideas they have also made me addicted to being better and better changing my paperwork 101 times, I would spend more time with my hubby and relax more.
    I am moving on to a part time job in my local hospital which is on my doorstep 830 to 130 starting in August. My life will be back, I will have time to do everything that I seem to have to juggle round childminding or after the kids have gone, I will be able to sit down with my husband at 6pm and talk about things instead of thinking oh I still have to do this and that. I am looking forward to de stressing and getting my life back to how it used to before to entered the crazy world of childminding.
    Good luck...with moving on and enjoy your new job.

Hopefully handing your registration back is not going to be difficult....I believe Ofsted will ask you to destroy your certificate...voila'
    just ensure your LA does take you off their list or you will still get those phone calls coming with childcare enquiries!!
    Last edited by Simona; 08-07-2015 at 06:43 AM.