Photos
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Photos

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos

Hi guys. I use lots of photos in my mindee's learning journeys, I use a camera and also my phone (permission forms and policies to cover this) I use Asda for developing but more recently online photo services (photobox, aldi, freeprints) do u folk think the online route is safe? As in I believe they access your data? Or is the good old fashioned camera the best bet?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't really matter which way, all reputable companies have secure proceedures, I would not be concerned.
    It must cost you, though?! I love taking lots of photos (I enjoy photography generally) but I share and store all my photos online/digitally and never print- it would cost me a fortune!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty B View Post
    Hi guys. I use lots of photos in my mindee's learning journeys, I use a camera and also my phone (permission forms and policies to cover this) I use Asda for developing but more recently online photo services (photobox, aldi, freeprints) do u folk think the online route is safe? As in I believe they access your data? Or is the good old fashioned camera the best bet?
    Hmm, not sure. As long as your registered with the ICO and handle the photos correctly, i can't really see that there would be much of a risk with it. I'm sure the companies themselves have their own data protection procedures that would probably in turn cover you if something were to go wrong.

TBH, i've always found those websites a total faff, so i'm not sure i'd bother myself. Parents seem happy with home-printed photos.