Would love some ideas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would love some ideas

Hi all, I have a lovely little 2.5yr old mindee who is going through a (quite typical) phase of snatching toys from others, struggling to share, whining a bit instead of asking nicely, and being a little resistant to boundaries. I don't particularly struggle with it myself, as she has a lovely personality and I feel I've dealt with it enough times to know what systems to have in place to deal with it this time around! However, I'm just doing a little planning for activities- can anyone recommend some activities or games that they feel have really helped to develop a very young child's PSED with regard to relationships, feelings and behaviour? Thank you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our teddies / dolls very often role play the problems we see between children - and we model ways of dealing with things without upsetting others... it's all part of developing emotional awareness and resilience which as we know comes with time and patience but like you say a few activities thrown in can help children be more aware of how their behaviour is affecting others x

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Small world play, role play dressing up home corner, puppets, games that involve taking turns, sharing equipment sand and water play,

Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for the replies guys, I'm already doing lots of that so happy to hear I must be doing something right!