Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Compact double buggy advice

Evening all,
    I have a VW Touran, and own an Out n About Nipper 360 double buggy which I love. The problem I have, is if I have 6 children in the car at once and two of them are little ones (which has happened with a badly planned school run!). Nowhere to put the buggy as the boot is non existent!
    Does anyone know if I could get a compact double buggy that would slide along the footwell in the back? It's the only place I can think of that has a bit more space!! I have also thought about some sort of bike rack to strap the buggy to the outside of the car!! I've also thought about buying a couple of compact single strollers and strapping them together when assembled. No idea if it would work, but desperate measures!!
    Would love some suggestions.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Most umbrella fold ones should if, you are only going to use it for school runs buy a basic cheap one you may find it will fit in the boot, if you look on argos website they give the folded size of the pushchairs

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean78 View Post
    Evening all,
    I have a VW Touran, and own an Out n About Nipper 360 double buggy which I love. The problem I have, is if I have 6 children in the car at once and two of them are little ones (which has happened with a badly planned school run!). Nowhere to put the buggy as the boot is non existent!
    Does anyone know if I could get a compact double buggy that would slide along the footwell in the back? It's the only place I can think of that has a bit more space!! I have also thought about some sort of bike rack to strap the buggy to the outside of the car!! I've also thought about buying a couple of compact single strollers and strapping them together when assembled. No idea if it would work, but desperate measures!!
    Would love some suggestions.
    Hi there,

I don't actually have a car, but I've got 3 x double stroller-type buggies. The MacLarens that I have (Twin Technos) when folded come out quite wide (handles to wheels), so would probably be no good.

My old Ladybird double buggy (Woolworths) has a very compact fold, however. Even with the hoods on, it comes out (handles to wheels) at 11 inches at the widest part when folded. Across the way - wheels to wheels folded - it measures 18.5 inches. (I store this in an upright, folded position, strapped to the end of a cot, behind a door that has been tied open with a ribbon. So I've measured it for you how it is folded in reality - not as described by any manufacturer. It's height: floor to top of handles when folded is 40.5 inches.) If you take the hoods off, it becomes even narrower - handles to wheels - when folded, but it's compact enough for me with the hoods on, so I just leave them.

Here's a link to one that is very similar to the one that I have, although I got mine from Woolworths before it closed down for £30 - I didn't pay the ridiculous price below. (I'd suggest maybe going into a buggy shop and just having a play with some of the double side by side strollers to see what the dimensions are folded, then try to pick one up used?)

Ladybird Spotty Twin Stroller | very.co.uk

I hope this helps.

L
    Last edited by lollipop kid; 19-06-2015 at 12:53 PM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) I have a touran and have yet to solve the double buggy issue!
    Usually I end up with my own child in the front with my Maclaren twin stroller !
    I did find a short one online but haven't bought it yet!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, very helpful advice re the ladybird stroller! I think I will have a little play around with some strollers in a shop and see how they come up. Would have loved some first hand advice though! Here's hoping someone comes forward with the same issue as me I used to have a McLaren techno before, but got shot of it as it was too heavy to push with bigger toddlers. It didn't fit in the footwell, but I did squeeze it in the front seat a few times (without a child in it!)

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a mazda 5 and the boot is very narrow with all the seats up. But I can fit my baby jogger city mini double easily just have to pop the back wheels off (but it's a breeze and takes no time at all). It's a fantastic double too, I love mine.