Fathers day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Fathers day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Fathers day

    Anyone making anything with their mindees for Father's Day?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    482
    Registered Childminder since
    1993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We are doing photo collages on canvases. Something for dads to hang in their offices or back of outside loo door! Lol

  3. Likes lollipop kid, Maza liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Anyone making anything with their mindees for Father's Day?
    I would love to hear your ideas, Mumofone - I'm sure you've got loads!?



    L

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will be digging my list out tonight so we can get onto it tomorrow and give to the Dads. (I made a big list of 'ideas' up for the various occasions when I first started and popped it into my "Planning" folder).



    L

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    874
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just let the kids loose with the art stuff today, I think it means more when it's something they've thought of themselves.

    One LO drew pictures of swimming with Dad as that's what they do together, another made a card full of love heart stickers to show Dad how much he's loved!

  7. Likes lollipop kid, Maza, FloraDora liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,847
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I just let the kids loose with the art stuff today, I think it means more when it's something they've thought of themselves.

    One LO drew pictures of swimming with Dad as that's what they do together, another made a card full of love heart stickers to show Dad how much he's loved!
    Mine have been making cards with the contents of my craft box.
    My plan this week is to make chocolate slabs decorated with sweets...hopefully we'll get it done ... but if not ... more choc for me to eat!

  9. Likes Dragonfly, Maza, lollipop kid liked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While my mindees will be doing something lovely for their Dads, I let my (nearly 8 year old) DS choose what to do for his own Dad.

    He promptly grabbed a spare toilet roll out of the loo, tied a ribbon around it, and has put it safely away to give to his Daddy on Father's Day. (To explain, his Dad had a cold last week - at least, I hope that's the connection!)

    L

  11. Likes Maza liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    While my mindees will be doing something lovely for their Dads, I let my (nearly 8 year old) DS choose what to do for his own Dad.

    He promptly grabbed a spare toilet roll out of the loo, tied a ribbon around it, and has put it safely away to give to his Daddy on Father's Day. (To explain, his Dad had a cold last week - at least, I hope that's the connection!)

    L
    Brilliant!

    Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

  13. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
  14. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    I would love to hear your ideas, Mumofone - I'm sure you've got loads!?



    L
    Haha no!! :-) Was looking for inspiration! My mindee made a card.

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,978
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think Father's Day is between child and dad and family should organise a gift.

    Traditionally children make cards at nurseries and primary schools.

    My LO are making a card and like others have said, it's child designed and produced.

    The ones made today iare very scribbly pictures representing daddy :
    daddy holding hands with LO with snails and a worm and a spider prominent.
    A mass of circles with a couple of lines ( legs) and a scribbly hair which is daddy playing football. This one had some heart stickers from the sticker box and an alien.
    I did offer all the paint/ craft but new felt tip pens won today. Tomorrows children, are likely to paint or collage I think.

    I will mount them onto a card and the LO will 'write' inside. All their own work.

  16. Likes lollipop kid, Maza liked this post
  17. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,964
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees.

    I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy.

    I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies!

    I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home

    I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.

  18. Likes Maza, FloraDora, lollipop kid, shortstuff liked this post
  19. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,282
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees.

    I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy.

    I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies!

    I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home

    I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.
    Love it! Might have to steal this idea. I bet I'll be rolling around laughing at some of the responses!

  20. Likes lollipop kid, Dragonfly liked this post
  21. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm doing what I did a few years ago with my 3 & 4yr old mindees. I simply print "My Daddy" at the top of an A4 sheet of paper. The children then draw a picture of their daddy. I ask them questions about their daddy and write their responses on the sheet - I get some great replies! I ask them things like "what's your daddy's favourite food", "how old is daddy", "what funny things does your daddy do". I've learnt so much about the dads and what they get up to at home I roll the paper up into a scroll and tie it with a piece of ribbon.
    Such a lovely idea :-)

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    484
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a lovely idea Mouse.....def. a steal, thanks

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ha ha Mouse, looks like your idea is very popular I might steal it too lol!

  24. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another steal here. (I was going to do a "Footprints" card.)

    But I love Mouse's idea. So lovely!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    L

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Fathers day Fathers day Fathers day

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk