Mini pizzas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mini pizzas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini pizzas

Does anyone have a simple mini pizzas recipe they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Doesn't have to include the making of dough!

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just buy a pizza dough kit - think you just add water to make the dough and follow instructions on pack for leaving it to prove. Then put on a layer of tomato puree and any toppings the children like - mushrooms, onions, peppers, sweetcorn and then top with layer of cheese and cook until the cheese has melted and the bases look cooked.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm a big fan of Jack Munroe

Penny Pizzas | JACK MONROE: COOK, CAMPAIGNER, GUARDIAN COLUMNIST, MOTHER, AUTHOR, ETC.

Penny pizzas - easy dough - we make the dough with children too - ch make these once a month for lunch.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really don't want to make the dough then you could use a pitta bread/bagal/bread roll as a base. DD used a wrap when she made one at school. I use passata as my sauce and then add all the toppings. I did have one little one a couple of years ago who wouldn't eat any veg and so I used to make a 'proper' sauce and blitz/hide the toppings in there. It's more effort and I prefer it when the children know what they are eating. Plus it gives more colour and texture when the toppings are glaringly obvious!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    If you really don't want to make the dough then you could use a pitta bread/bagal/bread roll as a base. DD used a wrap when she made one at school. I use passata as my sauce and then add all the toppings. I did have one little one a couple of years ago who wouldn't eat any veg and so I used to make a 'proper' sauce and blitz/hide the toppings in there. It's more effort and I prefer it when the children know what they are eating. Plus it gives more colour and texture when the toppings are glaringly obvious!
    We use crumpets too sometimes!
    May seem strange to you all now but before going to teachers training college ( Bham Uni) I had never heard of a pizza! My family didn't holiday abroad so Gino's at the top of the train station escalators seemed a so exotic Italian paradise!!
    Burgers were another experience too - no wimp eys where I lived - so the American burger experience was so amazing to me as a niaeve 18 year old in a big city!

Posh friends I met showed me how to make pizza's and when I showed my dad he was so amazed at the 'open pie' - he never could pronounce Pizza properly but did like them If I home made them - not the frozen variety....which actually didn't become available in the shops for probably anoyher 15 years!!!

We just take them for granted now!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use pitta breads, wraps or those sandwich thins as the base for pizza's, whichever I've got available. My DD loves homemade pizza's.

xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too remember a time without pizza! I remember when gateaux was suddenly available and we couldn't quite 'work it out'! We didn't have an awful lot of pasta either growing up - we only had spaghetti Bolognese.

My hubby makes the cauliflower base pizza sometimes (for people scared of carbs). It's quite labour intensive but delicious.

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I make scone based pizzas - just make cheese scone dough, roll out and add toppings - first made this at school when I was 10, was probably the first pizza I ever ate (40 years ago).

10. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We use tortillas. So easy n very tasty

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We use bread,toast One side In the grill, turn it over and add toppings. We call it pizza toast

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually I just make a basic pizza dough and top it with my homemade tomato sauce. (Goes on pizza, pasta, bolognese, anything Italian really)

On Friday I was more rushed, so we topped English muffins, they're a great substitute for pizza dough. I've made pizza toast before too, and topped a tortilla wrap. (But I tend to overcook those!)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamie Oliver has a quick and easy pizza dough recipe and it requires no proving just pop on your topping and cook in a frying pan. It is from his 30 minutes meals recipe book, if you want the recipe and can't locate online let me know and I'll type it up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how we get on!

Post Thanks / Like

So they went down well and mindee was very happy - result!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    So they went down well and mindee was very happy - result!
    'Very happy'...surely you cannot be talking about your six year old mindee????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    'Very happy'...surely you cannot be talking about your six year old mindee????
    Uh huh, wonders will never cease eh?!

21. Likes Maza liked this post