References...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: References...

Post Thanks / Like

Default References...

Do new parents usually ask for references from current parents? I'm struggling with this as I'm newly registered and also would you give parents telephone numbers too so they can chat in person etc?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a parent ask for a reference but in my folder which prospective parents can look through, I have letters, thank you cards and questionnaires which parents have completed so I guess they can just read those instead. I wouldn't give another parents contact details out without permission though. Data protection and all that!!!

xx

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a parent ask for references, so I asked a few recent parents to write me a brief reference. I keep these now in my portfolio.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and both did give contact details - unprompted by me - one did speak to prospective parent.
    I think you could ask if parents are ok to give contact details, I guess they don't have to.