Felt tip pen recommendations
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Felt tip pen recommendations

My daily request! Looking for any good felt tip recommendations? I've bought various crayons and colouring pencils etc from the £1 shop but they've been a bit disappointing. Looking for good felt tips but don't want to pay too much! :-)

Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The best ones are like are Berol not cheap but last and don't dry up if lid left off
    Ikea are also very good I love their stampers.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually go for Crayola washable ones and have thick and thin/fine ones. You do often get what you pay for with felt tips and other writing materials. The better quality (more expensive) ones last longer and so are better value for money in the end.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely go for better brand (Crayola, Berol etc) rather than an economy brand. They may cost more, but look out for special offers in the supermarkets. Before September they have all the Back to School offers and you can often get some good deals.

I like these:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Crayola+Supertips+washable+markers+&+sketchbook/215907942,default,pd.html&$$ja=cgid:9480875635%7Ct sid:44970%7Ccid:184901035%7Clid:91157949235%7Cnw:g %7Ccrid:50390693875%7Crnd:4245664307894230837%7Cdv c:c%7Cadp:1o1%7Cmt:%7Cbku:1

For pencils I like Stabilo (for pens as well), Staedtler, Crayola, Faber-Castell and Bic.

I always avoid Grafix as I don't think the quality is very good at all.

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Are they good tulip?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Definitely go for better brand (Crayola, Berol etc) rather than an economy brand. They may cost more, but look out for special offers in the supermarkets. Before September they have all the Back to School offers and you can often get some good deals.

I like these:

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Crayola+Supertips+washable+markers+&+sketchbook/215907942,default,pd.html&$$ja=cgid:9480875635%7Ct sid:44970%7Ccid:184901035%7Clid:91157949235%7Cnw:g %7Ccrid:50390693875%7Crnd:4245664307894230837%7Cdv c:c%7Cadp:1o1%7Cmt:%7Cbku:1

For pencils I like Stabilo (for pens as well), Staedtler, Crayola, Faber-Castell and Bic.

I always avoid Grafix as I don't think the quality is very good at all.
    Great value Mouse, thank you for that sign post.

I have had a set of broad and thin Crayola felt tip pens since I started, 18 months ago , only on one day are they not on offer for free Mark making as the LO on that day drops pens on floor ( cream carpet) so she uses them under supervision, but the other days they are in use lots, sometimes the tops are not put back on properly until I notice ...and they are still growing strong. If you dip the nib in water it revives them too- so although more expensive in the first place, they last for ages ....and the colour stain does always come off the carpet with a baby wipe.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Are they good tulip?
    Best I have found at a reasonable price. They last a long time and the tips don't get mangled by heavy handed LOs - I have used them for about 2 years now just bought a new pot.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought this box of crayons a few years ago and we're only just on the last 2 packets now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Asso...rayola+crayons

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting really pedantic now, but when you buy a massive pack of felt tips you think you have got it covered. Do check that they have got black and a good brown in the pack. Quite a few we looked at recently had loads of shades of blues but no brown and DD likes to draw lots of trees! We always buy a few single black felt tips because they are also not included often and are quite popular with the older ones who like to draw black outlines. x

12. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought this box of crayons a few years ago and we're only just on the last 2 packets now.

Crayola 288 Assorted Crayons Class Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games
    I am lucky to have an art teacher parent, she recently had to move out of her area for refurbishment so big clear out and so gave me lots of things that hadn't been used in years, a not full box similar to yours was one present - I thinkI will be retired again before I use them all up!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I am lucky to have an art teacher parent, she recently had to move out of her area for refurbishment so big clear out and so gave me lots of things that hadn't been used in years, a not full box similar to yours was one present - I thinkI will be retired again before I use them all up!
    That was lucky.

A while back I was given a load of old printer paper (the sort with the holes down the sides) by one of the mums - her dad had found it in the shed and was going to throw it out. She was horrified and rescued it for me! We're still using it now.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought this set from Costco, they were quite reasonable. I have not opened them yet, and I currently have a pen stamper, and I get really upset when the pens get ruined.

image-2675011161.jpg

I usually stock up on the Staedtler pens, Bic etc in the summer in france, for The French kids going back to school. They do have a good range.

Although a French brand, they are always cheaper in England on our return, in our British supermarkets, in our back to school ranges!!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) I use the thick felt pens from poundland. Think it's a pack of 12 maybe 10, chunky yellow with colour lids and ends. They seem to last for ages and are good strong colours !

My older girls are currently using since ikea pens that they like!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this box of crayons a few years ago and we're only just on the last 2 packets now. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Asso...rayola+crayons
    Oh my god did I read that right? 288 for £11?! That's amazing?!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Oh my god did I read that right? 288 for £11?! That's amazing?!
    It really is a good price - you get a good choice of colours including ones you don't get in the standard packs. I put a selection of colours in empty take away containers and just have a couple of lots on the go at a time.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is a good price - you get a good choice of colours including ones you don't get in the standard packs. I put a selection of colours in empty take away containers and just have a couple of lots on the go at a time.
    When I was a child I used to LOVE trying to read the names of the colour on each crayon. DD has just discovered this and finds it fascinating too.

20. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    When I was a child I used to LOVE trying to read the names of the colour on each crayon. DD has just discovered this and finds it fascinating too.
    I still do that now!

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't resist any longer. Just ordered it. Especially when you said that you get some colours that you don't get in standard packs! I remember as a child thinking I was really sophisticated because I knew the colours 'tan' and 'crimson' having learnt them from my Crayola crayons! I can just smell them too. Oh dear, how sad am I?

24. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I too was disappointed with poundland crayons and pencils! The pencils only lasted until they needed sharpening, then they just kept splitting and the leads breaking - so couldn't sharpen them! and the crayons snapped in half as soon as you applied enough pressure to the paper to get the colour to come out! grrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast