Any Bugaboo Donkey Duo owners? Ideas for transport with three under two
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    388
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Any Bugaboo Donkey Duo owners? Ideas for transport with three under two

    I'm soon to mind 2x12mo and 1x20 1x 22mo (combination of any two/three 5dpw) and I'm looking to replace the 2 singles(M&P Luna, Britax B motion), 1 double(Nipper 360) and 1 triple(obaby) I have as i'm getting a bit fed up with getting one or the other buggy in/out of the car and thought if I can have one that does all three then that would be great. Although it's expensive i'm looking at a Bugaboo Donkey Duo with a buggy board or easy rider x board. Just wanted to get some opinions on it's handling in single/duo mode or any other suggestions for a combination single/double/triple pram if such a thing exists!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acorns View Post
    I'm soon to mind 2x12mo and 1x20 1x 22mo (combination of any two/three 5dpw) and I'm looking to replace the 2 singles(M&P Luna, Britax B motion), 1 double(Nipper 360) and 1 triple(obaby) I have as i'm getting a bit fed up with getting one or the other buggy in/out of the car and thought if I can have one that does all three then that would be great. Although it's expensive i'm looking at a Bugaboo Donkey Duo with a buggy board or easy rider x board. Just wanted to get some opinions on it's handling in single/duo mode or any other suggestions for a combination single/double/triple pram if such a thing exists!!

    Just to confuse you, have you looked at a Buggypod? I use one with my long front-to-back twin buggy. It has a five-point adjustable harness so it's ideal for younger children - i.e. under 12 months, although I can also get a slim two year old in it. It attaches to any buggy and simply folds up against the side when you're not using it. (I tie mine to the side using a bungee or a bit of ribbon.) It is also easily removed or put back on for each use as the bracket stays in place and doesn't interfere with the buggy's folding mechanism.

    I've got one of the first ones that came out. The new ones recline. I've used mine in all sorts of weather, as I bought the rain cover for it too. Even it has a brilliant folding mechanism on it so I store it folded in a little bag on a hook near to where I store my buggies.

    Have a look. It might just mean you can continue using one of your existing twins, but just pop one of these on it.

    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bu...%3B1000%3B1000

    All the best,

    L

  3. Likes acorns liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,628
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    I use an easy x rider and it's great. I use it on an urban detour twin and also a Maclaren twin. I like that it can be a seat or if you take the seat off; a normal buggy board.
    I have a waterproof poncho for trips in the rain on the the easy x rider.

    I tried a buggy pod but I didn't feel confident about using it.

  5. Likes acorns liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,795
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Buggy board- have you used one before?

    I am finding it very hard for little ones (22-27mths I have) as if they decide they don't want to go on it there is no 'strap 'em in and get walking' option. It just takes a bit of a strop, upset, or a tired little one, who decides to go all floppy-legged and you are stuck!

    Any kind of seat you can sit them in and strap them in I feel is much better until they are nearer 3 years old and more able to be negotiated with! (depends on the child of course)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    683
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have an Out n About version 2 with an Easy X Rider on the back and it worked well when my mindees were all 1yr old. Had a LO fall asleep in the Easy X seat once, and if I had had a little cushion stashed away in the back pockets of the Nipper I could have rested it on the handlebar of the Easy X and they would have been perfectly comfy/ supported!

    I have been very tempted by the Bugaboo Donkey in the past (except for the price tag!) but someone on here or the FB group who has had both pushchairs mentioned that actually she preferred the Nipper for ease of pushing.

  8. Likes acorns liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    388
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Buggy board- have you used one before?

    I am finding it very hard for little ones (22-27mths I have) as if they decide they don't want to go on it there is no 'strap 'em in and get walking' option. It just takes a bit of a strop, upset, or a tired little one, who decides to go all floppy-legged and you are stuck!

    Any kind of seat you can sit them in and strap them in I feel is much better until they are nearer 3 years old and more able to be negotiated with! (depends on the child of course)
    Hi thanks for your response, I have used a buggy board with a just turned three year old (who got off whenever he felt like it, moving along or not...)and was worried about exactly the situation you describe which I'm sure will happen. I'm hoping an easy x rider board with the seat will sort that particular problem!

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    388
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    I have an Out n About version 2 with an Easy X Rider on the back and it worked well when my mindees were all 1yr old. Had a LO fall asleep in the Easy X seat once, and if I had had a little cushion stashed away in the back pockets of the Nipper I could have rested it on the handlebar of the Easy X and they would have been perfectly comfy/ supported!

    I have been very tempted by the Bugaboo Donkey in the past (except for the price tag!) but someone on here or the FB group who has had both pushchairs mentioned that actually she preferred the Nipper for ease of pushing.
    That's really interesting. I wouldn't want to fork out for the Donkey only to prefer my nipper. I had a go today in Mothercare with the Donkey and it did seem easy to push but huge & more bulky compared to the nipper, the attraction of it though is being able to use it as a single. Need to keep looking methinks!!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    683
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acorns View Post
    That's really interesting. I wouldn't want to fork out for the Donkey only to prefer my nipper. I had a go today in Mothercare with the Donkey and it did seem easy to push but huge & more bulky compared to the nipper, the attraction of it though is being able to use it as a single. Need to keep looking methinks!!
    I just use my Nipper even when I only have one child, lol, but then I do mainly push it along wide pavements and in open spaces. Every now and then I consider getting an umbrella fold single for, say, trips to the zoo with only one child, but then it is only once in a blue moon that that happens so I've never gone ahead and bought one.

    ETA Actually, come to think of it, I do have an old single in the shed 'for emergencies', but it is much less comfy to push so I think I would only use it if the Nipper broke!
    Last edited by lisbet; 05-05-2015 at 05:39 AM.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cambridge
    Posts
    903
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got a donkey. Second hand I admit as didn't like the price tag.

    It is fab. I got it for the ease of changing between single and double as I hate tandems with one child underneath and although there is a lot of nipper love I hated seeing the children always sitting in it with bad posture as the seats always seem to lay the children back slightly. So children are either slanted or trying to pull themselves forward. And biggest reason ds will only sit in a proper sitting position he hates to be slouched.

    I have got on with the donkey so well that I have sold my single which I used for weekends with ds and now just switch the donkey between mono and duo mode. I also have been switching it from seat to carrycot with very little hassle. Last week when I took it out in single mode with mindie and ds got tired I was able to pop ds in the side basket.

    It's very easy to push and I have had no problems with it. It's heavy to push up hill but does glide so well that it's easier than some lighter models who's wheels arnt as good. I use it through muddy fields each day and it cleans up quite nicely.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,099
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The newest mountain buggy - the duet - also switches from single to double. I use it with the bibi strolli , though mine has the bucket seat not the bike seat. Its easy to push , much cheaper than the donkey , and very narrow - even its through my front door which the nipper 60 wont do. Id recommend it.
    https://mountainbuggy.com/uk/Product...t#.VUoLI5VFDIU
    Last edited by mama2three; 06-05-2015 at 12:38 PM.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My happy place
    Posts
    663
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    The newest mountain buggy - the duet - also switches from single to double. I use it with the bibi strolli , though mine has the bucket seat not the bike seat. Its easy to push , much cheaper than the donkey , and very narrow - even its through my front door which the nipper 60 wont do. Id recommend it.
    https://mountainbuggy.com/uk/Product...t#.VUoLI5VFDIU
    That's a great tip - thanks! It would actually fit through my door. I am stunned.

    I still love my old front to back tandem (even though it's very heavy to push). I'd probably put on about 3 stone if I had one of these.

    Putting one on my wish list, though (will just have to chuck out the scales).

    L

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've been a Bugaboo Donkey Duo owner for a few weeks now and I love it!
    The Bugaboo Donkey makes everything easy especially thanks to the convertible stroller that can adapt to your requirements (in just a few clicks!). From a duo stroller you can have a mono stroller.. really handy!! And the children are really comfortable as well - at least they seem to be lol.
    I know the price doesn't do it justice but I still recommend it to anyone.
    To give you a tip, try to buy it second hand! I don't usually buy things on the internet but I got tempted when I went on this website Bugaboo Donkey for sale in UK | 79 second hand Bugaboo Donkey and I've got a good experience with it. The users are really nice and can answers to any questions you have.

    I hope I helped any of you making a decision

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    at my computer, of course
    Posts
    4,986
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry, a bit off topic, but I can't resist.

    I have a client who calls her baby "Bugaboo" as a sort of pet name (well one: she has multiple pet names.) She was overheard at her local children's centre and given a stern talking to by the duty manager who felt it was "disrespectful and possible abuse" in the attitude shown toward her baby.

    I expect if she'd called her "Bugaboo Donkey" they'd have has social services there like a shot.

    (She's going to pee her pants when I tell her. )

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Any Bugaboo Donkey Duo owners? Ideas for transport with three under two Any Bugaboo Donkey Duo owners? Ideas for transport with three under two Any Bugaboo Donkey Duo owners? Ideas for transport with three under two

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk