Thread: recording CPD

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default recording CPD

Hi all,

How does everyone record this and what sort of things do you put down. Does reviewing your planning count as CPD for example or is it just that you have been on a course about it?

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Pacey CPD record online, you need to be a Pacey member to use it.
    It is your record so you record what you think is helpful for you to look back on, to reflect on, to work on.
    Always reflect on how each point has improved outcomes for the children- that is mentioned in Ofsted reports.

3. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The time I spend filling in my online pacey CPD log.........................does that count as CPD?

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a member of PACEY but useful to think about outcomes for children.....

6. Likes joannetalbot liked this post
    Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just changed the way I record my CPD! Because I feel that I am always doing things that relate to CPD I wanted a system that was easy to stay on top of so I now record in an A5 diary what day to day CPD I do. Actual training courses, I do a training evaluation sheet which goes with the certificate but there is so much other stuff besides courses which counts towards CPD!

Sarah recently told us about the Prevent strategy so I record in my diary what I need i.e. updated safeguarding policy and download strategy document to my desktop.

When you start adding up all the updates we have they all count towards CPD and recording them daily seemed a good way of showing it

hth jo xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannetalbot View Post
    I have just changed the way I record my CPD! Because I feel that I am always doing things that relate to CPD I wanted a system that was easy to stay on top of so I now record in an A5 diary what day to day CPD I do. Actual training courses, I do a training evaluation sheet which goes with the certificate but there is so much other stuff besides courses which counts towards CPD!

Sarah recently told us about the Prevent strategy so I record in my diary what I need i.e. updated safeguarding policy and download strategy document to my desktop.

When you start adding up all the updates we have they all count towards CPD and recording them daily seemed a good way of showing it

hth jo xxx
    brilliant great idea I will use this once o start!

9. Likes joannetalbot liked this post