Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fees query

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees query

Happy Easter guys

I've looked after a little girl since November 7.30 -12.30pm now she and my daughter have both been excepted into a nursery for a morning slot which is 8.30 - 11.30 so mum will still need me but for only two hours this is every day mon - fri.... Morning drop off and pick up!
    My question is how do I charge?
    Thank you

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I still charge for the whole morning because the parents will want the space in the holidays or on odd days the Nursery may be closed for Inset Days etc.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rickysmiths especially as you will be responsible for the child whilst they are at Nursery.

I don't do nursery drop offs or collections so children have to do full days with me or full days with Nursery - I have got one child dropping a day after Easter to start Nursery but I will still have him back in the holidays as his Nursery is term time only, hoping continuity of care will cover me as he is still coming one day all year round.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My childminding service is open for 10hrs a day and I have a minimum fee equivalent to 5hrs. Parents seem to understand that it's not sustainable for one or more of my 3 places to be under filled for more than this.

So a child spending 8hrs or more with me would not need to pay for the time they were at a 3hr nursery session (except for when they need care during a day when the nursery was closed), but a child spending less than 5hrs with me would need to pay for 5hrs regardless.

I work term time only whenever possible though; If I didn't I guess I may keep up the 5hr minimum fee through the school holidays.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't do nursery drop off or collection as offer funded hours.

The only exception I currently make is for a family I have had for almost 4 years...This term, before LO starts reception, parents will drop LO at nursery and I will collect at lunchtime one day a week. (Still with me 2 whole other days) this is because nursery do a 'special' session this term for those starting school! I'm happy to do it, just this one term, plus it means nursery actually communicate with me! Parents are paying normal fee at their suggestion as they said it curtails my morning and ties me to staying local!

All my children are part time so can attend nursery outside of my hours. I'm not sure quite what I'd do if had a full time child wanting a nursery place.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am dropping off and then collecting I still charge for the time the child is at nursery. For you to drop off and collect and keep for 1 hr unless I was charging for the whole time I would need to consider whether it was viable for me to continue with this family. Like has already been mentioned the parent will still need you to have the child for the full time when nursery is closed.
    xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What would suit you? I would love a couple of hours off each morning term time so would probably not charge but totally understand the financial side must come into it

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

When my daughter started nursery at the school 3 hours each morning so did 2 of my mindees, I charged them half fees while at nursery and full while with me - but they were with me 9-10 hours a day so only 3 of this was half fees, so a bit different!

If somebody enquires and asks if I can pick up from nursery or pre-school and keep for an hour then they collect, I say no....and have a minimum of 3 hour slots.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely by charging the parents while the child is at nursery or pre-school the parents are not getting the benefit of the free funded sessions or am I missing something?
    Teacake2

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yes this is what I thought Teacup, but I also couldn't fill the space between then leaving to get to nursery and us going to collect them, so I charged half so that at least the parents got 15 hours at half price a week

If I didn't have to take them in the morning and was just picking them up at lunchtime and keeping them until say 5 I wouldn't charge anything.