Those of you with websites
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Those of you with websites

IM thinking of doing a parents page on my website that only parents of any of my minded children can access maybe through inputting a password. I was thinking it could replace newsletters as to what the children have been up to etc and any photos but that the password element would prevent anyone seeing pictures of their children etc. Does anyone do anything like this and I guess more importantly does anyone know if it's doable?!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I imagine it would depend on your website company ... I don't think any of the free ones have that facility but paid for ones might.

How about a secure facebook page? Do you think that might work?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have just started using a secret FB group for each family. I can share photos with them and vice versa. I can use their photos to do my own observations. I can share information which can be accessed from the files section so everything is together and can be found easily.

Parents nervous about leaving their children for the first time can feel a part of what their child is doing by commenting and liking photos and it means I won't print as many as I used to. I can show this to an inspector who I assume would praise the working in partnership.

4. Likes tashaleee liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parents only face book page, and was going to use it to post all reminders, notices etc (ideally replacing the printed newsletter) but only 4 of my parents joined and have Face book! so still have to do the newsletters.....I still do not put photos of the children on it though as am too paranoid about someone else somehow getting hold of them - am I being too cautious?