sleeping arrangements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sleeping arrangements

What do I use for 2-5 year olds sleeping? And where do I buy them please.

I can't seem to find any websites with stuff for sleeping on or in fact any sort of furniture for basic set up
    X

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a mixture of travel cots, sofas and pushchairs if that helps?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use the value exercise mats from argos that I made pillowcase style covers for. I then use a fleece blanket.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I use travel cots, but when they get too big and still have naps I'm never sure where to put them as the travel cots would go in my own children's rooms and I wouldn't trust them on an open matress/bed in there with all my kids stuff.

Our downstairs is all open plan apart from the play room/conservatory but if I put a cot in there for someone to sleep other awake kids can't play in there or access the garden.

Thankfully at the moment I only have 2 that nap and they can go a different times. I know lots of cm say they put children in pushchairs to nap but I always think that children like to roll over to sleep on their sides or front and cannot if strapped in etc.

Failing all they just have to have a nap on the sofa if they can sleep with the others around (not all children can).

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a playroom and then a separate dining room and sitting room, so that's where the children sleep. They all sleep in the same room. I wouldn't put 'free range' children upstairs!
    I do have children who sleep in buggies in the garden, but I find that by about age 2, they are too big to comfortably sleep in buggy and then I teach them to sleep on a mat.