Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep it short. My fees are quite low compared to many others but I easily bring in about £450-£500 a week which is so much more than I have earned any where else. Of course there are some negatives as in any work, but to me there are so many more positives and I wouldnt do anything else . Good luck x
    Julie X X

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

So what have you decided?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You say you need £1500 per month but is this what you will be losing by giving up? Consider that if you are home there is

no uniform for work/really good clothes
    no petrol
    no childminder

you will be able to stay at home and not pay much tax because you can write off household expenses as expenses that you would have to pay anyway

I started when my children were 0 and 4 and yes it was hard to start off with due to you only having 3 under 5/6 under 12 (this may be pivitol for your ability to earn) but once they go to school and you can take on 3 under 3 it gets better. My children are now 19 and 23 and I wouldn't change a thing (I supplemented my income in the early stages by working at Asda shelf filling), there is always a way. I now have 24 children on my roll and we make good money.

Give it a go
    Debbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12