Comic relief
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Comic relief

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all just wondering what you were all planning to do with your minded lot for comic relief?
    Do you do different things for different ages?
    Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some great Gruffalo resources for comic relief on their site

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I saw a good game for red nose day on the red nose website.

I have a collection of red noses from over the years so will probably put those out in a basket and see what happens!
    I only have 2 little LOs on a Friday so I expect one will roll them down tubes and guttering and the other will either line them up or put them in bags.
    I have a laughing nose that I bought a few years ago and that is always good fun.
    Might do some painting/printing/sticking using red circles/dots etc.

But really they are too little to understand what it's all about.

Over the week we will probably talk about it with the older ones, in conjunction with mothers day.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    Hi all just wondering what you were all planning to do with your minded lot for comic relief?
    Do you do different things for different ages?
    Thanks x
    I expect my 'plan' will cover:-
    1. Comforting my whining, weeping mindees as they come out of school in tears cos they only got a red nose and not one of the prize-winning gold versions.
    2. Trying not to get killed on the road chasing yet another of those s0dding noses when they fall off and bounce/roll in front of a truck. (Please, Mr Lenny Henry, make the d4mned things non-bouncy next year. )
    3. Spending the next 8 months or so wondering why truck drivers still think it is hilarious and oh-so-original to keep the enormous red truck noses attached to their vehicle radiators with cable ties until the whole arrangement turns filthy and only remove them in time to show the entire UK motorway network how self-important they are by swapping them for those ostentatiously undignified 3 foot diameter plastic poppies in October.

Tbh, I don't 'do' Comic Relief any more. I find it's already done to death by school and preschool, plus it coincides too closely with the Marie Curie Little Pots of Care project which, IMHO, is far nicer, less hyped, just as good for learning, and supports a charity I and most client families can relate to. I don't like nailing families for charity money too often, so pick the projects with care.

That said, good luck to everyone who is doing Comic Relief and have loads of fun with whatever you do.