Building work
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Building work

Post Thanks / Like

Default Building work

I'm sure I've read before that any building work to your premises (ie an extension) needs to be declared to OFSTED but I don't see this listed in the things to declare to OFSTED? Can anyone advise? Thank you :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

EYFS Section 3 - paragraph 3.77

It says about 'any change to the property'... it does not specify what kind of change or if it is only detrimental changes that need to be reported.
    I would inform them and let them decide if they want to know or not.

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

When we had a loft conversion done I sent ofsted a detailed RA of how I planned to keep kids safe throughout each stage of the process. Then once it was finished I advised them with a written RA of new areas. Don't know if the RAs would be necessary now but definitely advise them it is being done. They never responded to any of my letters btw!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed ofsted and got them to confirm they'd received the email and notification. Also included details of RA, rough time frame etc, got inspected during the building work and she checked I'd notified ofsted in advance (I had).