Shift workers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shift workers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shift workers

How does it work if you take on a parent who is a shift worker and doesn't have the same hours or days each week?

Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Charge them for a minimum number of hours each week. As they will be taking up a space each day and you might not be able to fill it.

I have shift workers who have changing days on Mon to thurs, but some weeks only use 2 days other weeks the 4 days it varies, but as only got hours month in advance hard to sort and can't take on another child . So for me I charge min of two days per week even if they don't have two days. If that makes sense. This works for me and other children I have but you might need to tween it to suit you.

Hth
    Hth

Post Thanks / Like

How does continuity of care fit in? What if the parent needed care at a later date on a day or time I already have three early years?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have shift workers and just charge the hours they come. Luckily the parent knows her days in advance and I don't mind some easier days. With continuity of care, those days are few and I have put in place a variation to cover the occasional 4 EY children as long as I don't have more than 6 children in total at any time unless my assistant is with me (usually just for school runs. I have been inspected with this in place and no problems there as all parents have agreed and signed the variation