What's the youngest baby you will take on?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the youngest baby you will take on?

Hi I am just wondering if anyone has cared for an 6-12week old baby? how did you find it? I have had an enquiry from someone who sadly has to go back to work with in weeks of having a baby.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateA View Post
    Hi I am just wondering if anyone has cared for an 6-12week old baby? how did you find it? I have had an enquiry from someone who sadly has to go back to work with in weeks of having a baby.
    How many hours/days?
    What an awful situation for that family.

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, the youngest baby I have cared for was 5 weeks old , I later cared for a second baby for the same family from a similar age. It must have been harder for the parents the first time round as they obviously didn't know me as well . I worked very closely with mum who wanted to continue feeding herself. I asked that they used a bottle at home some of the time so it wasn't a problem when I had to use one and I had a supply of milk in the freezer. Both babies settled really well and are still with me now

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

as a childminder, the youngest has been 4 months.

as a nanny .... 3 days! and a nanny friend had a boss who was in meetings all day on the Monday, had babe early hours Tuesday morning, came home lunchtime, and was back at her desk that afternoon !!!! I had a panicked phone call saying 'help, what do you do?' ... lovely girl-but no training, and only childcare experience was 3yr olds and older !!!! the children I was nannying for and I went to 'play' and help out! Mum didn't take anytime off and it was dad who did the caring at the weekend!

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I have cared for a 10 week old,3 month old and would be prepared to do 6 weeks but no younger! I loved it and although in once sense it's easier as they sleep a lot at that age it can be more tiring if they won't sleep!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i would take a child on a case by case basis and not rule out any? Maybe im mad but that seems to work for me.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I think i would take a child on a case by case basis and not rule out any? Maybe im mad but that seems to work for me.
    Yes, this ^ for me too.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked after 4 week old one day a week for a friend who had to carry on with college course. ..loved it but he was an easy baby took bottle fine slept fine and could settle himself.
    If he had been like my own son things wouldnt of been so easy, I'd decide on it when you've mrt the little one and how often etc it would be for. Could be lovely though

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned parents can drop t child off on way home from hospital... I love new borns... Their wee faces and smell and moans and noises
    Tess1981

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 6 week old school hours 3 days a week and she was brilliant but mum missed out on so much - very sad if they have to do this ):
    Debbie

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

newborn! I gave birth to my daughter on a friday and was back minding the following Wednesday so know I can do it

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned parents can drop t child off on way home from hospital... I love new borns... Their wee faces and smell and moans and noises
    Me too the younger the better here!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for help will give lady call back and arrange meet up.