Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas presents for minded ones

As the title says, do you tend to buy for your minded ones,whether it be something big and pricey or small and cheap, or do you not bother as you know you won't get anything in return,or suspect you won't? Also you may not bother due to your own family to buy for? Just curious to know how many do and don't!!?

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy for the Los even if I get nothing in return. I live seeing their faces when I produce it just as they are leaving on their last day. It's always under £10
    Tess1981

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bought presents although had to keep price down due to having 16 of the little blighters

I have 5 under 5's which I've bought a book and a small chocolate and the other 11 aged between 5 and 11 have a selection box..

Feel a bit stingy but its better than nothing. Even a fiver each would have been £80 so tried to keep it to under £3
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Post Thanks / Like

hi yep I have brought my mindee a little book x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always bought resents for the children and never expect anything in return (although I do always get something from all of them).

I generally spend about £5-£8 on each child, but less if it's one that I don't have very often. I usually get them books or craft stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I always buy something for them this year I've brought personalised tree decs here's some I brought for friends babies as I liked them so much and they didn't cost much at all 99p yet can be kept for life xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Likes Mouse, Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've always bought a little something for all my minded children: a book or craft set or a selection box. Usually only £2/3 per child.
    I don't expect anything from mindees and then it's a nice surprise when I get anything.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive spent about £5 each plus a selection box - and £5 for each set of parents , don't usually do this but found perfect frames for the Christmas photographs. its probably around £100 altogether , but I treat it like any other business expense.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've spent around £5-£7 on my mindees, they've each got a Mr men christmas book and a memory card game plus a selection box.

I've also bought a small present for an ex mindee, she only left in the summer for school and her wee sister still comes here so I felt horrible not getting her anything, it's only a monster high annual (sainsburys were selling them for a £1!) plus a selection box.

It's also another mindees birthday 3 days before Christmas!!

Though to be honest I think I've spent more on all the craft things for them to make stuff for their parents!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I give a small gift to each.

But if anyone ever reciprocates with any of that tacky cr4p printed with "for my childminder" they'll go straight on Santa Bunyip's naughty list.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only ever have 3 children and of the current ones they have all been with me over a year and come 3 days each. I spent £9 each on a interactive doctors kit from Costco which should have been £15. I always look for a good deal. I never give to receive but am lucky enough to always receive nice gifts x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I give a small gift to each.

But if anyone ever reciprocates with any of that tacky cr4p printed with "for my childminder" they'll go straight on Santa Bunyip's naughty list.
    My parents all used to buy me alcohol, but I don't drink. Now I drop into conversation very early in our relationship that I am teetotal. I'm even thinking of putting in my parent pack

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza, westbrom44 liked this post
    Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems you all choose to buy presents.You nice people! No Bah humbugs amongst you lot!

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Mrsb79 - love the tree decs, you're very talented!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsb79 View Post
    I always buy something for them this year I've brought personalised tree decs here's some I brought for friends babies as I liked them so much and they didn't cost much at all 99p yet can be kept for life xx
    I love those! Did you get them somewhere local or order them online? *thinking ahead to next year*

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwhite View Post
    Seems you all choose to buy presents.You nice people! No Bah humbugs amongst you lot!
    Im a big bah humbug but ive bought all of my los a small gift x

19. Likes bunyip liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has started making personalised cushions so I got her to make one each for my mindees, just picked
    1 x cushion with a pink rabbit on,
    1 x john deere tractor,
    2 x pirate ships,
    1 x Dinosaur
    1 x frozen picture

have also bought some sets of books from Book people to add to them, probably cost about £8 each

Have also spent a couple of pounds on 2 siblings who I used to look after as it doesn't seem fair to not buy for them anymore. Still buy for an ex mindee who is now 27 - don't think I will get away with putting that one through expenses though!

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    I love those! Did you get them somewhere local or order them online? *thinking ahead to next year*
    eBay my lovely so far I think I've brought 20 as they are so pretty and they come in different colours too I will try and find out the ladies name and post it later as I've got a rare day off as my little ladies got her jabs so I can see today being harder than a full day of work 😂

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CSR2014 View Post
    Mrsb79 - love the tree decs, you're very talented!
    Why thankyou but my talent only stretched to trawling eBay 😊 I wish I had the time and energy to make things myself x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have three, so I bought them a present each (book and a related t shirt I made for the boys, a tea set and a little handbag for the little girl - she's not interested in the book subject but made about making tea for everyone!), plus they got a Christmas tree picture decoration thing (which I put up on our tree here until their last day before Christmas), and we had a little Christmas party with crackers and some Christmassy food, where they also got a little stocking with pocket money priced bits in it. All of it together was under £10 each, and they were so thrilled at the Christmas party!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast