time to de-clutter
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default time to de-clutter

Now i have cut down to 2 days minding I have decided it is time to sell or give away lots of minding things. Started today by advertising online a lot of toys and equipment. Some of the toys I have had for nearly 12years and they are very rarely played with. We will now be concentrating on sensory trays and art/crafts and getting out and about as much as possible.

2. Likes lynncjt, Maza, VeggieSausage, N/A, lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan! I have too much and know some of the things I want to get would be played with more but I have trouble deciding what to get rid of!

4. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you!

I started having a big clear out in the summer and have half emptied one of my sheds. The problem I have is that I get rid of 10 things and buy 12 more

6. Likes Maza, ziggy liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

8. Likes ziggy, lollipop kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to de clutter too and gain some storage space back

10. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I filled a couple of black bags full of stuff for he charity shop - and now it is sitting in my wardrobe in its black bags because I never get round to dropping it all off!

12. Likes ziggy liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this a month ago... best thing i ever did but I had to be ruthless.... needed more of . my own space back... cm takes up so much room
    Tess1981

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Everytme I sort toys out to sell or give to the charity shop my son and all the mindees suddenly start playing with them like they're the best toys ever, so I keep them!

I do need to have a good sort out though, think I will do while closed over Xmas, make room for new toys and have a good clear out of the old

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have that problem too alex! The other thing is, I have some things which I really think I should sell (don't mean to sound greedy and uncharitable) and so they sit around waiting for me to take a photo and put up on Facebook or gumtree, and of course I never get round to it.

I seem to think that I live in a little flat, but if I got rid of the clutter I would probably discover that really I live in a 5 bedroom detached house...if only!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I filled a couple of black bags full of stuff for he charity shop - and now it is sitting in my wardrobe in its black bags because I never get round to dropping it all off!
    If you take it to Barnardo's you may be entitled to an Argos voucher - just make sure you don't buy more toys while in charity shop or with your voucher from Argos

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

not happy!!!! waited in all day for lady who was coming to buy vintage silver cross doll's pram and i presume she has changed her mind. Doing ok with other smaller items though

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    not happy!!!! waited in all day for lady who was coming to buy vintage silver cross doll's pram and i presume she has changed her mind. Doing ok with other smaller items though
    Oh no! That's one of the downsides of selling isn't it? Very rude to not let you know. x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

she finally arrived at 4pm

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    toddlers896 Guest

I did this too ziggy a few weeks ago. What a difference it makes having less resources.

24. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toddlers896 View Post
    I did this too ziggy a few weeks ago. What a difference it makes having less resources.
    Are you finding it much better?
    I am in the process of getting rid of stuff.
    We are out of the house from 9am every morning. Most of the kids arrive at 7.30am and what with breakfast we don't have a lot of playing time.
    We get home and it's lunch and bed. Everyone is up around 2pm by the time we have done an activity (not everyday but usually), snack and story they have about an hour at a half before they are picked up so they don't really get that much time.
    I just feel bad cos it looks so empty

26. Likes ziggy, Maza liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

sold even more at weekend. Even sold the wooden kitchen!!! they love the pans etc that go with it but never play with the actual kitchen (other than to hide their socks in it when its time to go out ) House in a bit of a mess with piles of things waiting to be collected but no little ones here till thursday/

I have also sold lots of my books, we will have so much fun getting new ones from library. Kept the favourites.

So by end of week should have more floor space in playroom and will be able to have visitors stay in spare room

28. Likes N/A liked this post