Why do parent not fill on there profile on childcare.co.UK?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  53
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why do parent not fill on there profile on childcare.co.UK?

hi, I am getting more and more parents view me but have not filled out there profile on childcare.co.UK website doors anyone know why this is not an requirement ? I find really frustrating not knowing what it is they are looking for and if its any point contacting them. So have made the decision I will not bed contacting any family who can't be bothered to fill it out.

Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Completely agree. I have started to contact some no profiles bit all comw back with days and tomes i cant do or something random. Would save everyone time and enwrgy if few notes put on!

3. Likes KateA liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess there are a lot of parents just 'testing the waters'. I also wonder how many are prospective/pre-reg CMs having a look at local rates, etc. ?

Tbh, there are a lot of completed profiles which might as well not have been written. Top of my list are the ones wanting "school collection" without troubling to mention which school. Next are those which state the obvious, "caring, reliable CM wanted for my lovely daughter. Must have childcare experience, qualifications and first-aid training" etc. I'm really waiting for someone to say, "Completely unreliable and untrustworthy King Herod type wanted with no training, insurance or previous experience cos I don't really like my child much anyway."

But seriously, it's an excellent site and probably suffers fewer problems than the childcare search throws up by any other means. I've very grateful for all the clients Richard's endeavours have brought my way.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whatever parents do - or do not do - it's important that you make the most of your profile!!

The better your profile the more likely they are to contact you and ask you about vacancies. There are some free tips here

https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...g-your-profile

6. Likes Rick, Richard, bunyip, KateA, Happiness liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We already do lots of things to encourage members to complete their profiles such as reminding them when they login and sending them emails explaining the advantages of having a profile.

Unfortunately a small minority of parents just don't want to have a public profile and instead prefer to search for, and contact, childcare providers that interest them without receiving unsolicited messages from childcare providers.

We are looking at ways to further encourage members to complete their profiles.

Even if a parent profile isn't complete with all their requirements, it's always worth sending them a quick message to introduce yourself.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for feed back Richard x

9. Likes Richard liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I've recently answered an ad on Childcare.co.uk from someone saying they wanted a place one day a week. I said I could offer any day but Friday. They said no thank you we only want Friday. I resisted the urge to say well why didn't you say that! But I did notice later that they have updated their profile to say FRIDAYS in big letters. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has wasted time replying. Might it be a good idea to have parents say which days/hours they need (perhaps in a grid like on *********)? It does make it easier to see at a glance which requirements match your spaces.

11. Likes KateA, Karen1, Happiness liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just sent several messages to blank profiles. I often check them out but not log on so I decide which ones are worth sending messages to.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We already do lots of things to encourage members to complete their profiles such as reminding them when they login and sending them emails explaining the advantages of having a profile.

Unfortunately a small minority of parents just don't want to have a public profile and instead prefer to search for, and contact, childcare providers that interest them without receiving unsolicited messages from childcare providers.

We are looking at ways to further encourage members to complete their profiles.

Even if a parent profile isn't complete with all their requirements, it's always worth sending them a quick message to introduce yourself.
    But surely If the applied any logic they would see that they will get far more unsolicited and wasted replies if they don't tell us their requirements!! If I know a parent wants a service I cant offer I don't reply. if they don't say what they need I will message them to see if I can help!

14. Likes KateA liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    But surely If the applied any logic they would see that they will get far more unsolicited and wasted replies if they don't tell us their requirements!! If I know a parent wants a service I cant offer I don't reply. if they don't say what they need I will message them to see if I can help!
    Maybe they just daren't tell us any more about the child

.........................or about themselves.

16. Likes KateA, Mummits, loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the people who do complete a profile would maybe do better to maintain an air of mystery. There is quite a lot of unintended humour, and others who you think "please don't ring" when they view your profile!

18. Likes bunyip, Happiness, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a local parent who views my profile almost daily ... She has never contacted me and as she has listed her requirements ... none of which are anything I can do I haven't contacted her! Maybe she's hoping that suddenly one day my profile will say I'm a nanny looking for a live in position!

20. Likes Happiness, Mummits, KateA, rickysmiths liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the ones who want a nanny/childminder.

Contact with these folk usually reveals they want a nanny, but they only want to pay for a childminder.

22. Likes Happiness, loocyloo, KateA liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the ones who want a nanny/au pair/childminder/babysitter to look after 6 week old twins, take 3 and 4 year olds to pre school and six and seven year olds to different schools, make the dinner, clean the house, walk the dog, fully flexible on days and pay £3.50 an hour. Okay I exaggerate, but only slightly.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the site very good and useful and have received families from there. Yes, it is a nuisance when they do not put up their profile needs as can be a waste of time for all concerned. However, it is even worse when you send them a message, and then they do not even bother to read it and then keep searching. For example, one I looked at today - it was two and a half months ago since I sent a message and still not read

I think it is a case of for some they think they want childcare although actually do not know what they want and forget we are running a business!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mummits View Post
    I like the ones who want a nanny/au pair/childminder/babysitter to look after 6 week old twins, take 3 and 4 year olds to pre school and six and seven year olds to different schools, make the dinner, clean the house, walk the dog, fully flexible on days and pay £3.50 an hour. Okay I exaggerate, but only slightly.
    So they contacted you as well?

You certainly do exaggerate............. in that they never offer anything like as much as £3.50 .

26. Likes Mummits, loocyloo, rickysmiths liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite one at the moment is someone wanting a babysitter/childminder to go to the home but experience not needed as only there to support grandma with the care for 1 child and you will never be left alone with said child. They have viewed my profile
    Pixie Dust

28. Likes Mummits, loocyloo, KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mummits View Post
    Some of the people who do complete a profile would maybe do better to maintain an air of mystery. There is quite a lot of unintended humour, and others who you think "please don't ring" when they view your profile!
    I have one of those now from a family who is re looking again about three months since they first poped up on site it states our son is happy when he know someone is with him! makes me worry he is like a minded I gave notice on at begining of year who did not stop crying if I left his side . plus the looks similar to him as well x

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep getting people view my profile , theirs is blank and where it says number of children it says zero!

Simona Guest

I am not familiar with what parents can put on this particular profile but...personally...the only information that is useful is what I gather when I interview parents on their 1st visit and from the reference they give me for them

Parents can put what they like on their profile...some appear to be confused between a CM and a baby sitter as well?
    That won't do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast