Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default not settling

Hi

I had two parents give notice as movong away, so money badly dropped and no enquiries for ages. Old Friend really old neighbour who i keep in contact with asked me to have her lo for three hours a day for five weeks so she can study for exams. Normally i say no to friends but because of otber two goi g i said ok.

Well day 4 and lo will not settle (currently on half hour sleep), as soon as door shuts from mum she cries. She wont take bottle for milk or water. Refused her food. Cries if i Wipe her face. She will be distracted for few minutes then starts again. Three hours is turning into a nightmare now.

Mum says cos she is breastfeed that she wont have it but keep trying, but its making her worse! Also when we started on tuesday mum said she will prob be better in nursery so they can pass her roynd! Thought it strange comment at time, but unferstand it bit more now.
    Tips please...

Plus i have another child coming at one today.

Any tips on how to settle her. I have never had a child not settle before. I did settling in etc, just like i normally woyld but...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a sling or back carrier or can you borrow one from somewhere? I would put her on my back and keep offering milk...

or try going for a walk in the buggy?

I had a screamer... today he settled without tears for the first time. it has been 8 weeks. It will get better but it might take some time.

3. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If she is extremely distressed though and completely hysterical for a long time and settling looks like a no hope i would send home. Its not fair on the child.

Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well after sleep she woke up ok. I got out musical instruments and she was fine for the last hour, though wanted her dummy. But did join in. Then mum knocked and she cried.
    Spoke to mum, who said dont worry about offering her milk at the moment and will feed before comes so lot more positive this afternoon. Hopefully monday will be ok, especially as now have visit booked when shes here for new mindee (only day and time mum could do) fingers crossed, as need this new mindee.

Thanks for feedback though.