Cats,ofsted and policies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cats,ofsted and policies

Hi, I have a kitten she's 3 months old and currently stays in my small conservatory area, however this was a space mindees used and would like it back for them. My question is where does everyone keep litter trays, food bowls etc and was Ofsted ok with it, also does anyone have any pet policies they would kindly share pls?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez66 View Post
    Hi, I have a kitten she's 3 months old and currently stays in my small conservatory area, however this was a space mindees used and would like it back for them. My question is where does everyone keep litter trays, food bowls etc and was Ofsted ok with it, also does anyone have any pet policies they would kindly share pls?
    It will depend on the lay out of your setting
    You will need to Risk Assess that you will be keeping the children safe and away from any potential health hazard...so think of where you will place your tray and food bowls...away from children's inquisitive hands???

Pets are allowed in settings...some live with us...others are brought in to give children experiences and learning opportunities.
    Any policies should cover allergies...make sure you ask parents if children have an allergy...although anyone can suddenly become allergic even if they did not have it before.

Good luck

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't gone through ofsted yet but in my RA I have about keeping track of flea/worm meds, injections etc my cat litter tray is a hooded thing, cleaned daily, cat water and food bowls with litter tray are all kept in kitchen, which has the door locked unless I am in there so no risk to kiddies without my supervision x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyTuTu View Post
    I haven't gone through ofsted yet but in my RA I have about keeping track of flea/worm meds, injections etc my cat litter tray is a hooded thing, cleaned daily, cat water and food bowls with litter tray are all kept in kitchen, which has the door locked unless I am in there so no risk to kiddies without my supervision x
    I think you have it all ready...just make sure you say something about hand washing after playing with pets

Good luck and enjoy!