What or who is a DO?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What or who is a DO?

Hi I have seen the odd post refer to a DO please could someone advise who or what they are as don't think we have them or if we do I don't know who mine is
    thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DO stands for Development Officer - normally your early years contact at the council.
    They go by all manner of names and guises now ours recently changed to : Early years support officer

If you have one depends on your local authority - did you have someone from the council come out to you before your Ofsted pre reg? That would have been your DO if you did.

3. Likes KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hi thanks for that, yep we have early years advisors but they did not come out to me pre reg. It was someone from Childminding matters they seem to do the pre reg help visit and general help etc

Simona Guest

In my LA they are all Consultants now with different roles...those supporting cms...nursery and preschools...those who run CCentres etc etc

Your LA should have a website with a list of those in the EY team...check it out and see what you find...they must still provide support for those who have RI/inadequate grades and often support others 'on request'.

Good luck

6. Likes KateA liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

From my point of view they are a WASTE OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PUT TO BETTER USAGE.
    As Simona would say "My opinion of course"

8. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    From my point of view they are a WASTE OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PUT TO BETTER USAGE.
    As Simona would say "My opinion of course"
    Uh Uh!!!...Love it Mum 67
    About time we learnt to express our own individual opinion and point of view without falling into the habit of following the 'leaders'
    Every little voice counts...my view of course

10. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always considered it to be a strange job title. I had one who was excellent when it came to getting started, but never helped me 'develop' after registration. Mind you, I think this reflects the whole essence of pacey.

It didn't help that, after registration, I was dealing with a different DO who seemed to think it was her business to dictate how the rest of us ran our businesses.

12. Likes mum67 liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DO - Development Officers are now extinct in Somerset - as mum67 said, they were pretty much a waste of money, pity though that after 12 months of them being made redundant Somerset still can't balance their books and are proposing to cut our funding amounts!

14. Likes mum67 liked this post