Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Baby walkers

Registered Childminder since
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby walkers

It's wondering if anyone uses baby walkers (sit in type) .. 8 month old lo likes being in them when at groups etc so got mine out cupboard and remembered I'd heard somewhere they aren't to be used anymore?

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

In northern we are not allowed to use them but I did for my own kids and it gave them loads of freedom and kept them active
    Tess1981

Post Thanks / Like

I've used mine I haven't heard were not allowed to use them, obviously I risk assessed it and got permission from parents as some parents don't like them at all x

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are no restrictions in England/Wales as far as I know. However the Health Visitors are advising against them - Physiotherapists are trying to get them banned Don’t Use Baby Walkers | Physiotherapy 4 Kids, have been for years.

They are banned in Canada and some other countries.

You need to reed the information available, make a decision to use or not and write a risk assessment. In your risk assessment you also need to think about older children and how they will affect the use of the walker - I have seen older children push babies very fast in them when visiting (non childminding) friends and they may place things where you would not and a baby may be able to reach.

I do not like walkers but understand that this is my own personal feelings and others have different feelings.