Pre reg visit nerves
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg visit nerves

Hi, I've never put a post on here before. I need some advice really. I've got my pre reg visit on Monday and I'm feeling really nervous about it. I had the call from Ofsted yesterday and felt very overwhelmed and started to panick about it. I did the course last year, passed, done p first aid. I had my little boy year last September, so it has been full on! I've been going through EYFS and highlighting. She did say she won't be asking any of the questions in the pre reg booklet. I'm just starting to panic, if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I'm just trying to get my head around it all again!
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, i went through this before the summer so understand how you are feeling.
    My visit was quite in depth but she didn't ask much that wasn't in the preparing for your inspection booklet, i found this to be invaluable.
    She did a quick walk around and i pointed out the fire blanket, first aid kit, window locks etc.
    X

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Louise,

Make sure you know the safeguarding inside out, especially what to do when a complaint is made, reporting a concern, your house is safe for everybody (fireguards, safety gates, latches on doors to keep children out, fire blanket etc) Are all your certificates up to date? check your garden and outside is safe also.

Know the EYFS inside out, even the characteristics of learning, we were told not to worry about that until up and running but Ofsted seem quite keen on it now so be safe than sorry.

I am curious as to why she won't be asking any questions from the pre reg booklet as the 7 areas of learning were a biggie when I done mine early this year, quite in-depth about what to do for a young baby and toddler regarding activities to suit age etc.

Also I had done mock up obs, assess etc to show how I would do them, easier than explaining when nervous.

Make sure you check her id at the door, explain anything you are waiting to get or are working on like outdoor areas etc. Have a mock up plan for the week, menu.

Have all necessary documents, fire/emergency escape plan, register, administering medicine, how you log visitors.

Not sure if I've covered everything as maybe things have changed since my pre reg if they don't bother with the pre reg booklet now there may be other things different IYSWIM.

There is a link on here for pre reg visits, read what others have gone through recently on theirs to give you an idea.
    You will panic and get nervous anyway we all did so no point in me saying don't

Hope this helps a little. Good luck on Monday

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Just spotted a post on the forum under pre reg visits its from bigfuntime about her pre reg visit recently. Have a read as she says the pre reg booklet was referred to. Are you sure you heard right that they wouldn't be asking questions from it and not that they would be? I would still use it and revise from it until your visit just incase.

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a huge difference in visits. Mine was in September and I was asked every question on the booklet in order and was able to refer to and directly read from my answers. Mrs O was friendly and gave me pointers if I needed them, but without giving me any direct answers. Good luck

jun 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Just spotted a post on the forum under pre reg visits its from bigfuntime about her pre reg visit recently. Have a read as she says the pre reg booklet was referred to. Are you sure you heard right that they wouldn't be asking questions from it and not that they would be? I would still use it and revise from it until your visit just incase.
    Indeed I was asked every question from the booklet in my visit and I was told I shouldn't need to look at it and if I did it would be 'noted'! Saying that, I have also read a recent post on the forum where no questions were asked from the booklet, so I think it's down to individual inspector. I had read most visits take no more than two hours, whereas mine was 3 and a half hours.

Just be as prepared as you can be and try not to worry, based on the fact she said you won't be asked anything from the preparation document, I think your inspector is going to be a bit less scary than mine was!

7. Likes mum67 liked this post