Aarrgghhh potty training!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aarrgghhh potty training!!

Or should I say potty timing?! Lo I only have on a Monday has been training since last Tuesday.. Will often apparently go if put on potty but will only say she needs it when it is actually running down her leg! Surely after six days she should be getting it more than that? She is very bright

Post Thanks / Like

Accident number one despite being on potty three times since 8am.. Sat herself on potty after Wards..
    Too late!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How old is she? I always find that they go backwards when they first come back to my house (I say parents have to do 4 days at home and then I will carry on), child will have different distractions and maybe mum only has one child to watch like a hawk but you have several. I would let child take trousers off and just have pants on bottom half as quicker to pull down if they have already started going. Good luck!

I had lots of wee accidents last Wed with all 3 of the boys I have potty trained this year - think it was a conspiracy to wind me up before my day off - and it worked

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    How old is she? I always find that they go backwards when they first come back to my house (I say parents have to do 4 days at home and then I will carry on), child will have different distractions and maybe mum only has one child to watch like a hawk but you have several. I would let child take trousers off and just have pants on bottom half as quicker to pull down if they have already started going. Good luck! I had lots of wee accidents last Wed with all 3 of the boys I have potty trained this year - think it was a conspiracy to wind me up before my day off - and it worked
    She is 2 since march.. Think she has been having as many accidents at home from what mum says .. Says she only goes when asked or it's already on her leg! She has been training since Tuesday .. Expect set backs here sure but I don't think she is ready

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just go back to sitting her on potty every 20 mins for 5 mins (sooner if after a drink) and encourage her to try to push out a wee - pushing out comes before being able to hold on for long enough to get to the potty. Keep trying today, read stories about pottys try a reward chart and then hope mum has made some head way by next Monday!

The boys I have done this year - one was 2 years 9 months, one was 2 years 6 months and the last one was 2 years 6 months but think the last 2 got the idea from the first one.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I would just go back to sitting her on potty every 20 mins for 5 mins (sooner if after a drink) and encourage her to try to push out a wee - pushing out comes before being able to hold on for long enough to get to the potty. Keep trying today, read stories about pottys try a reward chart and then hope mum has made some head way by next Monday! The boys I have done this year - one was 2 years 9 months, one was 2 years 6 months and the last one was 2 years 6 months but think the last 2 got the idea from the first one.
    She is very good sitting on the potty no problem and is going .. No more accidents so only one this am not too bad .. Have put her on every half hour .. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Help.. Weed on my phil and teds sport at lunch time can't see how to get cover off
    To wash!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I posted on indep cms Facebook page. Is it the pad? wobbling my way through life....
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

toddlers896 Guest

I don't do potty training - that's the parents job in my opinion. The first and last time a child came to me with just her knickers on and no training she stood and weed all over my carpet. No way am I allowing this in my home. I tell parents I am happy to help once they have done the hardest part.

12. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WibbleWobble View Post
    I posted on indep cms Facebook page. Is it the pad? wobbling my way through life....
    Hi! Thanks yes .. Have figured out to remove the handlebars to get it off,, does the second seat go in the wash too ? Feels like cardboard inside it won't it fall apart?!

Post Thanks / Like

My fault I should have put a pad under her or a pull up on her but she had done a big wee before nap and mum said she had been dry every nap after doing that ., dad on pick up said 'oh yes we put a pad under her at nap time ' (rolls eyes!)

I normally wouldn't trust them at sleep time obv wasn't thinking straight!

Did feel like I did a lot of the work for mum today and we couldn't go out or anything cos I could take all three and potty into loo at toddlers , mum though did start last Tuesday (she is only with me Mondays so I felt it was reasonable) .. If she doesn't start in next day or two asking to go though I think she isn't ready. She is happy to sit on potty and does go, and really only one accident today if you don't count the nap one so not too bad

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good grief . 10 month old just had a nappy blow out so now buggy covered in piddle again! And I need it for nap time! Why do I bother????

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, did you manage to sort it?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="shortstuff;1380669"]Oh no, did you manage to sort it?[/QUOTE
    Yeah it was an exaggeration that she covered it in piddle couldn't let her out though so had to
    Leave music class and take her home to change .. Only she only had a half set of clothes! Dad said this morning that he had packed some more changes didn't know what happened yest she hadn't soaked through in ages .. Like it was somehow my fault!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont like it when they do that