Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I dont get paid enough for this!!

Need to rant

Los 2 & 5 arrive this morning, mum says both have been off last few days with a cold, youngest was sick at weekend but ok now. Older one says he has belly ache but she thinks hes playing on it (he was crying and very pale at drop off)

Anyway, sat at breakfast table he takes one bite of toast & throws up all over the table & floor!!!
    Other kids are heaving had to get them all to leave their breakfast & go in other room.

I had been fasting all night for blood tests today so feeling extra queasy & heaving whilst trying to sort it out.

Text mum to tell her & ask for collection asap as I need to get to hospital for bloods. Her main responce: Shell be as quick as she can once she's sorted bits out at work & assumes i will still have little one, but who will have him while I'm having blood test? Oh & if hes nor sick again he'll be back tomorrow, right?

Erm I'll be watching him sat in the buggy & if your that bothered you could always take him with you as you're at home now!! (I didn't say that l, but wanted to!!) & no he won't be back tomorrow as its a 48hour exclusion!!

I really don't get paid enough for all this!!

Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh things like this make me mad! Why have kids when clearly you can't take responsibility for them, as it appears work is the most important thing here ( talking about the mum not you) some parents do play up a bit and make out their child isn't unwell when clearly they are, and being pale if you aren't usually is a good indication. If it were me and i was asked to collect my son asap as he was sick i would say that i would be there as soon as i could,meaning i would leave work within minutes of speaking with the boss. I give out a sickness policy to all new parents which goes into enough detail saying that i will not care for any child who is unwell and i have the right to refuse them,or in so many words. If they fall ill whilst with me then i will contact you asking for immediate collection (obviously don't mean there and then, i mean very shortly afterwards,but the blunter you put it the more chance the parent has of it sinking in) Definately no return before 48 hrs and point out that if you catch it then you will be shut which would be an inconvience to all parents then.
    Last edited by Snowwhite; 30-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.

3. Likes Rickers83 liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right! Not enough cash for the cr ap we have to put up with.

Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree! I have just spent the weekend having my TV put on the wall (which I didn't want to do) because of one toddlers tantrums involves attacking TV!!

6. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by littleDs31 View Post
    I totally agree! I have just spent the weekend having my TV put on the wall (which I didn't want to do) because of one toddlers tantrums involves attacking TV!!
    Sorry I would not be doing anything that I don't want to do for any children. It's my home and they need to respect it otherwise find somebody else to look after them.

8. Likes rickysmiths, Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleDs31 View Post
    Never had to move too much or change things around because of minding but had to put my stereo speaker up on brackets on walls may years ago as a little one pulled the wires out the back on a daily basis.

A childminding friend who childminds from purposed built conservatory came to visit one day and couldn't believe that I have photos and ornaments in my window - she said it was just as well she hadn't brought X as they would have trashed the place, I do believe that we should be encouraging children to behave in a home environment as how else can parents go visiting other people without children or go for meeting on a Saturday with the bank manager.

10. Likes N/A, SYLVIA liked this post
    Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I teach the children respect and the rules of the house and I have had no,problems with any other children it just this particular child . The parents are aware as she is the same at home and anywhere else she goes if the mood takes her. I would rather put the TV on the wall than have the child hurt herself when she pulls it on her in a rage one day. I would consider terminating the contract but it is finishing at Xmas anyway so no point. Safest option was to put TV on wall. But ur right of course I shouldn't have to do this.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this too today after LO decided to have a number 2 accident in the park! I do not get paid enough to clean up after that!! (LO has been out of nappies for a long time!)

Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I turned a 13 month old away at the door yesterday, mum stood in the door way telling me how ill they had been all weekend with tummy bug, when I ask when was mindee last sick she said about 10 hrs ago, promptly told them not to return for 48 hours, the mum should know this as she works in a school kitchen and was off to work that morning, poor school kids!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bernesewalking View Post
    I turned a 13 month old away at the door yesterday, mum stood in the door way telling me how ill they had been all weekend with tummy bug, when I ask when was mindee last sick she said about 10 hrs ago, promptly told them not to return for 48 hours, the mum should know this as she works in a school kitchen and was off to work that morning, poor school kids!
    That's seriously disgusting I would have been tempted to call the school and let them know whilst reminding them of their Food Hygiene regulations.

xxx

15. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

One rule for them, One rule for you! That is how I see it!

The parent then goes off and sits in the group, making your ears burn with all the negative attitude and comments. If this gets louder your name becomes mud and you are in a situation where work can dry up.

All because a parent has not got their own way! I am sorry to say this but sometimes, children at the age of 4 are better behaved than some adults... when you work in this sector and work in it long enough! You really do see everything, both sides of the fence all of it.

Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

It got even better today!!

Younger brother had explosive diarrhoea on the school run, had to strip him off and clean him up in the car park!!

Text mum to collect to be told noone could get here until 1pm!!

Replied that was unacceptable as he is poorly & other los may catch it so she very grumpily arranged for a friend to have him.
    Said friend then informs me this lo was poorly yesterday with upset tummy!!!

Aug 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

So after yesterday, its got worse

3 out of 5 of my family have now got sickness & diarrhea, me included!!

So annoying when parents are so selfish, she didn't even come home from work when lo was poorly yesterday, left him with her friend ��

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry to hear you have to deal with such selfish parents :-(

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

LittleD, I don't have the television on at all when I'm childminding. This has been so for the past 12 years and I still like to stick to it for most of the time, even though my own children learnt a lot from teletubbies, tweenies, fireman sam, etc

Partly because of Ofsted etc. but then again I've recently found out that one mindee watches DVDs at home but was told they don't have a TV at home!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Hun sorry to hear that..
    Not sure I could work with a. Family after that ,,
    No respect for you

Hope you are all on the mend now xx

22. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rickers83 View Post
    So after yesterday, its got worse

3 out of 5 of my family have now got sickness & diarrhea, me included!!

So annoying when parents are so selfish, she didn't even come home from work when lo was poorly yesterday, left him with her friend ��
    Maybe you should think about reminding parents that we are coming into the 'winter vomiting and diarrhoea' season and stress your rules regarding exclusion: you must be informed and any sick children collected quickly and away for 48 hours
    3 out of 5 families could be a threat and you may need to close if things do not improve as you are now sick yourself.

Give parents the 'exclusion' poster again...pin it to the front door where they cannot miss it....I know it will cost a bit to reprint them but make it very clear you will not look after children with diarrhoea as you are not allowed to by the very legislation and registration you need top follow

Good luck

24. Likes Rickers83 liked this post
    Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The TV isn't on when she attacks it. It's not about wanting to watch the TV, it's because she is told not to touch the TV. As for having the TV on when childminding I had it on during my grading inspection and explained to the assessor why and she was happy with it saying it is home from home service not a nursery. Anyway problem is solved as TV is out of reach.