Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SEND POLICY

Registered Childminder since
    june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SEND POLICY

Hi everyone, I am looking for a little help with writing my SEND Policy. I have hit a wall and do not no where to start really. Could anyone share theirs or point me in the right direction please?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine04 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am looking for a little help with writing my SEND Policy. I have hit a wall and do not no where to start really. Could anyone share theirs or point me in the right direction please?
    If you read this document it will give you an idea of what to change...it affects cms as well

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-_02Sept14.pdf

If you search on your LA website you will find info on the new SEND and also the 'Local Offer' which many LAs have drafted and will soon have to enforce
    SEND was published very recently so not everyone is up to speed
    LAs will possibly put a sample SEND policy for your information as well....mine has not updated it yet from the 2010 version, there will also be training

I have updated mine 'as a temporary measure' but ...once I know more details will finalise it
    Hope this helps as a starter !

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for that, I appreciate it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we have quite a few sample SEND policies on the Independent Childminders Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/inde...tchildminders/.

Are you a member?

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    we have quite a few sample SEND policies on the Independent Childminders Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/inde...tchildminders/.

Are you a member?
    Thanks for the link Sarah.

6. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

Are you a member?
    Unfortunately I am not on FB so cannot access this

With regards to the SEND policy I think many cms are just trying to get their head around this major change and until the LAs do as well it is difficult to have a final policy but we can certainly look at some for guidance

as well as Safeguarding where we need to know what the Local Safeguarding Children's Board request of providers....cms need to know what their LA's 'Local Offer' is before they can finalise their policy...not just on info sharing but how the whole Team will work around the Child

The main thing about SEND is the co-operation required and ...last but not least...the money follows the child so cms need to know how this will affect them

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah right, I'll have a peek now. Thankyou