Thread: Advice Please

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice Please

Hi,

I have take on a lo who is in 6th form and I will be getting paid through care to learn. All the forms have been filled in and send off with the hours child is with me and how much I should get.

The lo had only been with me just over two weeks and the Mum has been unwell so child was not with me two days last week and today child is going to be late by 2 hours today as appointment and also they are have not been on time yet. I have a register that I fill in daily which has the start and finish times but this is the times the child is with me not the contracted times.

So I just wondered what happens, will they put through the payment from what is on the form and then will I owe them money or will I still get paid because I get paid what I am contracted to do? I just don't want to be having to ask the Mum for money for those days if I do not get it through care to learn as its not her fault she was not well but if it happens often I don't want to be out of pocket.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

melco

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Care to learn pay contracted hours is don't worry
    They pay monthly in advance and all they ask is that you confirm once a month that the child is still at your setting

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    Care to learn pay contracted hours is don't worry
    They pay monthly in advance and all they ask is that you confirm once a month that the child is still at your setting
    Thats great thank you.

What happens though if I am sick or have day off? lol sorry x

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To be honest I've never had this happen but I would probably offer them the money for the day to pay for alternative Childcare or give them a credit for extra days in the holidays