Emergency /ad hoc childcare
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Emergency /ad hoc childcare

Hi, does any one offer this service? Do you charge more per hour or your normal rate?

I have been thinking of offering it e.g. to cover other childminders holl/sickness etc but at slightly higher rate per hour. I charge £4 normally and thought £6 or £7 with payment taken at time of booking and no refunds if canceled to save myself being messed around what to you do?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I do offer ad hoc and emergency cover provided I have the space. This also applies to current families who need additional hours. I charge £3.50 normally but £4 for these short notice hours.

I would say however that it is your business and need to price yourself according to the market around you.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer it, I have quite a few adhoc children who either come to me when their current childminder is off or older ones who come to me for school inset days / hols etc.
    I charge a higher hourly rate but only .50p more.

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a few AdHoc children, it helps fill my spaces during school holidays when my TTOs are off. I don't charge a higher price, just payment required on booking the space :-)