Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    Well where we live! Our local Authority granted permission for a new Nursery able to offer 140spaces! This will be on an industrial estate in an old office block. I am unsure the exact details but it may have links to a haulage company branching into childcare? I doubt this is an agency but 140spaces is HUGE compared to all the other Nursery settings already established in the same area and around the city.

Makes me wonder, how can anybody think that amount is ok? I thought the ratio fuss back along was bad enough.
    Where will the children play out and what environment does the surrounding outdoors offer them - catch the fuel emissions, dodge the truck see if you can survive, smell the lovely fresh (not) scent of fuel emissions.
    How could this be passed. It sounds like a safeguarding nightmare.
    Last edited by mum67; 01-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Suppose the 140 spaces will be divided up into age group rooms or something like that, but it still doesn't sound anywhere near ideal for children.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Well there's one golden rule broken already by them - discrimination against a person for having children - even though the business they are about to set up is for childcare and they came into for reasons of not finding the right childcare for their own children when working as a pair of boobies - sorry bobbies - no I did mean boobies because that's what they sound like.
    They then precede to say we wouldn't hire you if you had children of your own to think of- they should be disqualified before they start the pair of nutters.
    Well the thing is they wouldn't make enough money out of a childminder with two of their own children taking up places. So much for Mrs Truss view that Agencies would encourage more cm into the profession.

4. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

aah Rickysmiths now I see where they are coming from. I took it to mean as you would have to work whatever shift they said because you have children they wouldn't employ you because it would be complicated to do their rota. But if that's there reasoning it is even more biased and discriminative.
    Big thumbs down for these two boobies all round.

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Where will the children play out and what environment does the surrounding outdoors offer them - catch the fuel emissions, dodge the truck see if you can survive, smell the lovely fresh (not) scent of fuel emissions.
    How could this be passed. It sounds like a safeguarding nightmare.
    I really do not know why but pass it did! I used to work on both industrial estates in our City/Town and let me say this! Even back then (1990's) I knew it was wrong to have children in such an environment, no matter if there is bags of space to play etc. An industrial estate has that title/label for a reason lol. I put it down to the crazy times we are living in.

8. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like the nutters
    This caused a right fuss! they were on the news, tv etc. Ofsted had to change things regarding minding between friends etc. Thing is this happens all the time! Every term we see it going on. Some even have the gaul to rub our noses in it lol. Lovely folk some of em

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    Well where we live! Our local Authority granted permission for a new Nursery able to offer 140spaces! This will be on an industrial estate in an old office block. I am unsure the exact details but it may have links to a haulage company branching into childcare? I doubt this is an agency but 140spaces is HUGE compared to all the other Nursery settings already established in the same area and around the city.

Makes me wonder, how can anybody think that amount is ok? I thought the ratio fuss back along was bad enough.
    OMG Jayse74!!!!!!!!!!....now I know where that woman from Dragon's Den....Hilary something has gone...she is branching off in childcare!
    Well...well.... after all we have heard that 'anyone can be a CM'...NOT!!!

Actually it really makes me sick to my stomach that this govt ...and those intending to make money...believe that both children and CMs can be traded in this childcare market and that anyone with not an ounce of knowledge of childcare can open an agency

So much rhetoric has been banded about...the air smells of it...but maybe we need a 2nd campaign against agencies not just the same repetitive words which we read every day

Some agencies will be a social enterprise...so the profit put back in the business after wages and perks are paid
    others will be run purely on a commercial basis....profit and making lots of money...I hope parents will go into it with their eyes open and not be
    fooled by the promises made by 4Children et al

What agencies offer is already available and parents could do a bit of research for a cm that offers what they want...flexibility and cover for shift work etc etc will be available
    There are nurseries offering babysitting/nanny service to parents I believe???...the staff finish work and then go to the parents to carry on with the childcare and I thought that was not really promoted in large settings ...but all of a sudden it is OK?

In answer to the OP we have our LA who I believe will be setting up an agency...we were surveyed in what I think was a questionnaire intended to insult and we are to hear results... I emailed my EY Head yesterday to ask when the results will be known...unless we need to go for a FOI?

We also have someone ...ex CM...who intends to open a CIC agency...those on NWorld Linkedin will know about this....so for me there is danger on 2 sides on 2 fronts

I would like to say to cms not to think that an agency will be just in your area or set up locally
    Agencies can be set up across the country by someone sitting at a desk and operating miles away

My view of course... but it is not rocket science

I wonder if anyone has noticed that this company run by the 2 police officers is not in the original 20 who were chose by the DfE to trial agencies?
    we know many gave up half way so were the rules changed half way through the trials and others added to the trials?

Is anyone near St Bede's Academy because that one is quoted as being an agency already...do share if you come across any news!
    Last edited by Simona; 02-09-2014 at 08:28 AM.

11. Likes rickysmiths, mum67 liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am near St Bedes but apart from a talk they gave to CMs,from which they got the idea we were not interested, it has gone very quiet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12