can someone help with my welcome pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default can someone help with my welcome pack

I've just finished writing my welcome pack ready for some parents who are coming next week (eek!)
    Is there anyone on here that would mind having a look at it for me to check its all ok if I email it over?

Ive never seen a welcome pack before so would appricate a second opinion off another childminder.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstainding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    didn't want to read & run !
    Are you supplying a pack of info to each prospective family...? It could turn out to be a lot of ink/paper?
    I have basic info & welcome in a pouched folder (that stays at my house) - plus more info on website.
    Only if parents are really interested - do I then start providing more.

I will start with health & permission forms, with contract done the next scheduled meet.
    Only once contract is done do I bombard them with policies Otherwise I'm sure they'll scarper!

Good luck with first visit ... Might also be a good thing to ask them to provide feedback (ie. Could you email them if they do choose another provider & can they tell you what was different about their service... I'm doing this for next lot of vacancies - as I'm returning to CM after relocation & a year off).
    Nickyx
    Making the leap & returning to childminding - it's what I know & love

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I give all parents who enquire a 'brochure' ... basically a folded A4 sheet that is printed both sides with a little bit of information about me and what i offer/do, a sample menu ( 5 days ), fees, hours of work, contact details etc.

I have a portfolio that stays at my house, but i give it to parents to look at when they visit. It has a copy of my certificate/insurance etc, information about me, my qualifications, references, information about what we do/where we go/when we do anything, sample menus, information about EYFS/obs etc, policies and anything else i think might be of interest!

I don't give anyone anything until we're signing contracts.

Post Thanks / Like

I do give all prospective parents a welcome pack with: a bit about me and my family, all of my contact details, opening hrs fees etc, a typical day and a sample menu. They take this away so the information is all there whilst they think it through. My policies etc are in my portfolio which they can look at on the visit, I then email these through so they can look in depth in their own time and even print if they wish to do so. Good luck :-)

5. Likes TabbyTuTu liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry i didnt make it very clear.
    parents have already said they want me to provide care (they are friends) i have a portfolio to keep at the home but as they have already said they want me to provide care ive made a welcome pack to take home.

Ive included:
    1.hours
    2.notice
    3.fees
    4.payment details
    5.holiday
    6.what to bring from home
    7.sample menu
    8.info on daily diary
    9.activities
    10.info on EYFS
    11. paper work - permission slips, child record, parental responsibility, all about me

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great :-)