What House Insurance do you have?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What House Insurance do you have?

I rang Esure about my house insurance today as I start childminding next week, and they told me that as from that day they cannot insure me anymore!! I was really surprised, I just thought they might put up my payments slightly. I just got a new quote from Tesco's and at the end there was a section about childminders, that I must be registered and have the correct amount of children, it then went on to say that accidental damage will not be covered during business hours when there are visitors in the house including the children and their parents. So I was wondering have you taken out special insurance to cover childminding hours or just going with normal insurance as I've described that doesnt cover accidental damage when the children are in your house? Thanks. I can't believe how much is involved with childminding!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have just renewed my insurance and this is the first time that so much information was asked.
    I paid £365 with insure4retirement.
    Axa was £395.
    Go on compare the market - you get a free merekat too lol!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with Churchill, being a childminder makes no difference it's in their terms and conditions that childminding is exempt from running a business in your home. Give them a ring and see what they say as they are cheap

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morton Michel. Good price and good cover tailored to CMs (accidental damage, theft of business equipment etc.)

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisbet do u mind me asking how much u pay and if u can pay monthly with mm? I'm with them for cm insurance x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with MM too, they cover for accidental damage which is a bonus when you're doing this job. I pay monthly with them, I think it's about £13pm. I used to be with co-op but once when I tried to make a claim for my laptop when my cat spilt a cup of tea over it (don't ask!!) I found out I couldn't claim for it. I use MM for both my car insurance too.

xxx

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Tesco and if any accidental damage occurs it will be on weekends or evenings

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to look into mm today thanks guys
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx