Accidents on purpose?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Accidents on purpose?

I have a new mindee who has been potty trained and I have had her a few weeks now, we have had the odd accident here and there, but to be expected, but I have noticed that the last few times she has had them, she has been standing in the bathroom, in front of the toilet and says "Emma, I done a wee wee in my knicker, I need some new ones now, I want to wear the peppa pig ones/minni mouse ones/cinderella ones" etc She has previously gone in her bag before just to randomly change her knickers and I have said to leave them in there as we need them for spare - She is a very very clever little lady, so I am wondering if she is having accidents on purpose so she can change her knickers...

How can I deal with this?

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would speak to parent about it to see if she does it often at home too and see what her parent/s do. If she is doing it often and it is likely on purpose (from what you have already said it does seem that way!) I would be quite firm with lo and speak to her about it explaining that she doesn't neev to wet herself to wear the knickers she wants, etc, etc
    If it still carries on maybe warn her that you will have to take away a luxury such as a fave toy or trip to the park etc

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if I was the parent I would buy plain black knickers let them put nice knickers on at the start of the day then if they soil them they are stuck with plain black. Would soon sort out the character problem.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I think if I was the parent I would buy plain black knickers let them put nice knickers on at the start of the day then if they soil them they are stuck with plain black. Would soon sort out the character problem.
    I agree, ask the parent to buy some plain white ones and then tell child not to spoil the lovely peppa (or whatever) knickers she has on or she will have to put on the boring white ones. You'll soon see if she is doing it on purpose then.

xxx

5. Likes EmmaReed84, hectors house liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the plain knickers idea! I will speak to Dad tonight about it.

It is terrible though, she is just too adorable, looking up with a huge smile and huge blue eyes... I think I may getting soft LOL!

7. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others...plain and boring in the bag, start the day in fancy character ones!
    Hope the chat with dad went well.

Sounds like you truly adore this little girl...becoming attached and soft (lol!!) are hazards of this profession!!
    Wouldn't change it tho

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a chat with Mum this morning and she said that she had noticed things that LO was doing such as going to bed then changing her Pyjamas because she decides she wants different ones. I did suggest the plain knickers and said I would see how today and tomorrow go and take it from there.

I think she has had a few changes in her life, and she is just taking control of the things she can lol

10. Likes AliceK liked this post