Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrrrggghhh!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlebears1009 View Post
    I know! She sent her this am again without breakfast at 9AM I mean would she send her to school without breakfast?! I could really be a pain and say since we agreed two meals she hasn't had tea but then it's unfair to make mine wait for tea and unfair to make her lo sit and watch mine eat! Also think she is taking the Micky after her calling my offer of reduced rate meaning I don't make anything and making me fork out even more! She also came all chirpy and happy, I just remained frank and professional and made it clear I was in no way happy and only doing this because I need the money! I know now tho that had I not insisted on payment upfront I would have been left high and dry! Last week the lo ignored my ample requests not to do gymnastics in the house, kicked her water all over my daughters CD player and I have left it to dry and lo and behold still is not working! This was not mentioned as I didn't want to rock the boat but now this weeks fees will be paying for a replacement and I now am kicking myself for not saying anything! When the lo asked where it was this morning I have let her know that it no longer works due to her actions and she asked if I will be telling her mum. I said I will let her tell her if she feels better doing that and she said yes ok! Although I doubt I will get an offer of replacement just like the goggles!
    Even I am counting to the last day you have her You have taught me a very valuable lesson not to trust friends or family in business which the forum members are always reminding us to stay professional no matter what.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I should have listened but did not imagine she would be like this! I mentioned the CD player and replacing it she then said I am paying you as a business it's one of them things she was in your care and accidental. So it is ok for me to be a friend and give discounted rates, swap days and it's not a strict business arrangement to her when she doesn't get her own way but when tables turn it's business and it's tough! If she hadn't have scoffed at my effort of friendship by reducing my rate for her and saying she could have afforded to pay full I wouldn't have mentioned the CD player and would have sucked it up and just paid myself to replace it for my daughter! But why should I lose out to help her out which she is totally ungrateful for and then also have to lose out more to replace something her child broke! It's laughable, and I'm glad that you agree because today I've really doubted whether I am actually being an **** and not her! X

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely her! Do not doubt yourself, like someone else said I feel like counting down with you, do not offer any holiday care whatever you do x

Post Thanks / Like

She isn't coming tomorrow because I mentioned the CD player and asking for a replacement isn't something friends do?? Oh well it is only her lo missing out as id let her choose the activity for tomorrow and I'm disappointed she isn't going to get to do it however some words were exchanged I told her how I felt and she still thinks I am being childish, she even went on my site looked at how much I had reduced my rate by and 5 quid a day was nothing!? A further mocking there and said my reviews were awful she isn't surprised (I don't even have any reviews only a 5/5 star one on my Facebook page from a former parent) so she is lying there as obviously you wouldn't send your child to a minder with awful reviews! So angry and upset!

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I should have listened but did not imagine she would be like this! I mentioned the CD player and replacing it she then said I am paying you as a business it's one of them things she was in your care and accidental. So it is ok for me to be a friend and give discounted rates, swap days and it's not a strict business arrangement to her when she doesn't get her own way but when tables turn it's business and it's tough! If she hadn't have scoffed at my effort of friendship by reducing my rate for her and saying she could have afforded to pay full I wouldn't have mentioned the CD player and would have sucked it up and just paid myself to replace it for my daughter! But why should I lose out to help her out which she is totally ungrateful for and then also have to lose out more to replace something her child broke! It's laughable, and I'm glad that you agree because today I've really doubted whether I am actually being an **** and not her! X
    You've seen what she is really about now and your doing the right thing by standing up for yourself now. Good on you and forget her now and get on enjoying your life and happiness

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow she really does want it all ways doesn't she!

I minded my niece, successfully thank goodness, for 2 years, so working with family and friends doesn't always go wrong, but I also had a friend who hinted at me minding her children that I hinted back a big no to.
    I love her to bits, but she's pants with money, gets her priorities wrong at times - hair appointment more important than the gas bill type, so I know she would have tried taking the mickey and we'd have fallen out big time. She's a great mate, but it would be a rubbish working relationship

As hard as it is, take this as a learning experience, make any adjustments for the future (Business wise: Signed contracts, same rules as other parents, etc), and then move on.
    You will wrap yourself up in knots if you don't

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe the cheek of her. I've minded for my best friend but it fizzled out when she realised that her lo wasn't receiving preferential treatment and was being told off for silly things like jumping on the sofa or not helping to tidy up ( things she could get away with at home ) I have standards and rules and they apply to everyone even my own children !! I love my friend dearly but boy is she raising a little madam, they are coming to visit today and the rules still apply my mantra is my house my rules !! Carry on with the count down and treat yourself the day you finish with lo , I'm on count down too but only for two weeks respite from one very noisy and boisterous 8yr old so roll on Friday xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you can't wait to quit now ( or have you quit?) I would never mind for friends as they always seem to take advantage of you. So unfair about the googles. I have lent out lots of things over the years and never seem to get them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    I bet you can't wait to quit now ( or have you quit?) I would never mind for friends as they always seem to take advantage of you. So unfair about the googles. I have lent out lots of things over the years and never seem to get them back.
    She was my last lo finishing at the end of the week so since she isn't coming now i'm technically finished! Can just forget about it now and look forward to my 2 weeks in Crete in 11 days

10. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

She was my last lo finishing at the end of the week so since she isn't coming now i'm technically finished! Can just forget about it now and look forward to my 2 weeks in Crete in 11 days
    Yeah Good on you Let this go now and get on with your future. Enjoy your hols and when your sat a the pool with a large cocktail and the sun beaming down on you say "Cheers" out loud to yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Great news x time to count down to your holiday! Enjoy and good luck on your new adventure :-)

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a shame you don't have a Contract.

Young madam I would be billing the parent for Goggles, New CD Player and for Breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12