Enabling Environments
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Enabling Environments

    I came across this on Twitter and found it interesting, thought I would share

    http://www.kathybrodie.com/articles/...-environments/

  2. Likes Maza, ginag, Lal, KathyBrodie, mum67 liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,423
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A brilliant article, definitely worth a read, thank you!!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,466
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Fascinating. Thank you

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,929
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Thankyou, I used to use Sics as part of our self evaluation in our Nursery and Reception - I didn't think to use it in my setting now- the EY Educational advisors from our LA loved it and often used this or similar when they came into the setting.

    http://www.kindengezin.be/img/sics-ziko-checklist.pdf

    This link takes you to the forms - the one in the Blog links to the manual but no forms.
    It is easy to use and I am sure will be great evidence towards self evaluation.

  7. Likes mum67 liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,463
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quick glance saving for later xxx

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1
    Non childminder member
    Training consultant
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    I came across this on Twitter and found it interesting, thought I would share

    Enabling environments: what do they REALLY look like?
    Many thanks for sharing!
    I do like to have guest bloggers - they often provide a new perspective.
    If anyone would like to share good practice about childminding or do a blog to go on the site, please do contact me via the site.

    All the best

    Kathy

  10. Likes sarah707, mum67, Bumble Beez liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    411
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Thankyou, I used to use Sics as part of our self evaluation in our Nursery and Reception - I didn't think to use it in my setting now- the EY Educational advisors from our LA loved it and often used this or similar when they came into the setting.

    http://www.kindengezin.be/img/sics-ziko-checklist.pdf

    This link takes you to the forms - the one in the Blog links to the manual but no forms.
    It is easy to use and I am sure will be great evidence towards self evaluation.
    Love this idea, it is easy to understand and follow (apart from p8, what does bt stand for next to inv?), are we allowed to use this, not sure if we have to follow what our LA gave us which wasn't much. Please tell me we can use what ever works best for us as long as we do obs, ass, planning etc.

    Thanks for the link.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    411
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KathyBrodie View Post
    Many thanks for sharing!
    I do like to have guest bloggers - they often provide a new perspective.
    If anyone would like to share good practice about childminding or do a blog to go on the site, please do contact me via the site.

    All the best

    Kathy
    Kathy I love your blog page, they're so informative and yet interesting at the same time.
    Thanks for the time to put in to help us.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Enabling Environments Enabling Environments Enabling Environments

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk