I think im going to be in trouble with mum .....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I think im going to be in trouble with mum .....

Because I've organised no set activities for the children today (3 and 5 year old siblings plus my own 7 and 4 year olds) and we've stayed at home rather than going out.

I've had a couple of digs from her about a few things lately and coupled with the strops about emergency day I took last week and arguing with me that a child that soiled himself 3 times in 2 hours and complained of tummy ache wasn't ill I think I may be in trouble!

But we've had a really nice day!

Kids are playing nicely and not arguing with each other. We've been popping indoors and out as the heat gets too much and the children are all tired on the first day of their hols. Right now 3 of them are watching a film in the cool living room.

So why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong??!

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If the children are happy (which it sounds like they are) then you've done the right thing. Tell mum you carried out a risk assessment and due to the weather conditions you felt it was best to stay at home with access to shade, fresh water etc. Also the schoolies will benefit from time to unwind and relax.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrudiR View Post

So why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong??!
    Because you're letting the mum make you feel like that!

Have confidence in what you do and don't feel that you have to explain yourself. The children all sound happy, which is how it should be. Perhaps mum needs reminding of that

4. Likes Lal, ziggy, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I don't do planned / set activities / outings every day. In this hot weather it is far better to stay in and have access to outside as and when. I currently have 2 LO's asleep and have just been outside with DD playing with the water table and in the 10 mins I was out I could feel the sun burning my arms. All my children have been in and out all day but I don't want them out in this sun for any length of time. I would be very cross if a parent questioned me as to why we don't go out every day. Some times it's nice for us all just to have a fun day staying here, much more relaxing.

xxx

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh thanks everyone. I totally feel like this is the right choice but she makes these little digs a lot at the moment! Actually she sent me a message last week which I was very upset by and am contemplating terminating but in the meantime I'm trying to do what's right for the children on my terms not hers!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're having a lazy day ... playing inside and out dealing with the needs of mindees 15mth, 3yr and almost 5 yr then my own children 9 and 12. My 2 need to relax from the end of term and mindees need some time to just 'be' as well.

Enjoy your day at home. X

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling reassured by you guys and confident enough to give my reasons without over explaining myself should I need to! Thanks!

11. Likes AliceK, Maza liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very easy to make the holidays all about going out and spending money!!! Sometimes it's just a good to stay in.

You are doing a grand job.

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the farm this morning before it got too hot then they slept then lunch then popped into town and bought a pool now they are just playing x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Post Thanks / Like

I have a mum who gives a look and will go ah I see when you've said you may go somewhere depending on mindees and then don't. And the only reasons that I don't go is because her lo is a nightmare and screams hysterically most of the day, everyday! So for my own sanity and to save being embarrassed I stay at home. And I tell her exactly why we haven't been too! It is very warm and it is good for children to be just playing freely in your home from time to time. Don't let mum make you feel bad, do what you see fit and what benefits everyone in your care! X

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a mum who wants to stay at home and chill out in the garden and do nothing with her own kids to me and then use the excuse that they have had days out with you so she thought it would be nice to stay home for a change!

Do what you think is right and suits your day not hers.

17. Likes Maza liked this post