how many is too many?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always been in my comfort zone when I have lots of children around me, that's why I love what I do but have to agree with others it all depends on what you're happy with and the safety aspect of things. I enjoy a mixture of age groups as the older one's tend to occupy themselves and each other whilst also taking the time to play with the little ones as it makes them feel grown up and supportive towards me as well as being a buddy to the lo's.

Many a time I have heard that phrase "she's got her work cut out there" when I've been out and about at parks, cinemas etc with 9 children, 2 of my own 11 and 12 and the others, 2,3, twin 4 yr olds, two 6 yr old and a 7 yr old (not mindees by the way, relatives of mine) Not sure if they think they are all mine at times but they are always well behaved and listen to me and the older children who help so I'm fine with it but if they were mischievious and never listened I would go to less places with them all at the same time.

Stay within your comfort zone and you'll enjoy your day more and if you feel like taking them all on days out together one day start by going somewhere nearby first and see how it works before you venture to far from home only for it to become a nightmare. It really does have a lot to do with the behaviour of the children and whether they are good listeners or not.

Also don't forget to keep within your ratio, it's sounds from one post on here that somebody is putting greed before safety.

Good Luck if you do try it one day.

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I wonder if it sounded like me going over ratio!?! When I said max with older ones I meant to my ratio. I only have 1 over 8 at the moment and that's my own son so my max is actually 7 children and that isn't every day. I stand by what I said thought yesterday was quite hard going and I only had a baby and my own daughter aged 4! Much easier when I did have 7 the day before lol!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

natlou82 please don't think I was suggesting you broke any rules, I only mentioned ratio's as reminder to Ofsted protocol and not to imply that you are doing anything wrong..sorry if it seemed that way.

Post Thanks / Like

No panic I just don't want to give the wrong impression, I only started minding in April and obsessed with doing everything properly!! I certainly won't be going over ratios :-) x

6. Likes mum67 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12