Feeling bad...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feeling bad...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling bad...

I am not renewing my registration with ofsted at the end of this month. I currently only have a baby who is part time and work is very scarce this is my main reason for not renewing, I am not making hardly any money and havent had very good mindees since starting (some other reasons) anyway the baby I have started at the beginnig of june as temp 2-3 weeks while granny recovered from back op, i asked mum last week when she plans for him to go back to his gran and she said august so I told her my reasons and I would not be renewing/minding after 31/07. She was fine with this. I have since rung ofsted and told them. She has then come this morning saying her son has come on really well with me and wants to keep him in childcare instead. I now feel really bad as she wanted me to change my mind (even asked me to carry on iwithout ofsted reg which I explained is illegal and under no circumstances would I agree to it) i have got myself all geared up as he leaves a week into the summer hols which gives me the rest off and he screams all day if he isnt napping or stuck to my hip which is driving me nuts! I feel really bad however had she said he was going to be perm and not temp I would have thought twice about taking him on as she was saying she now has to find someone else for aug. I could carry on as im not really doing anything else when i stop other than a distance learning course to be a teaching assistant and also some volounteering in schools, but feel I may regret it if I do carry on. Would you just go with your head and try to shove the guilty feelings to one side?

Registered Childminder since
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    Its great that Mum feels her little one has benefited for the environment you have provided for him, so I'd be taking that as a huge compliment

At the same time, you are quite right to do what's best for you. Childminding is just not working out the way you wanted it to and doing things because of guilt rarely ends well. Think of what's best for you and stick to your guns. You don't need any excuses or reasons for Mum. Its a lovely compliment that she'd want lo to stay if you were to continue, but.... you have decided not to renew your registration and will be persuing other interests and retraining. End of.
    Just say it with a smile and wish her and lo the best of luck . If you haven't put it in writing yet, just hand over an envelope with formal termination letter in at the same time

Good luck with Mum and with your new start, be proud of doing what feels right for your future

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel guilty, you gave it your best shot, it hasn't worked out and was clearly making you unhappy so you've decided to end registration. You're doing this for you and only you. If you continued caring for this baby you'd be doing it because you felt guilty, not because it made you happy inside which surely is one of the main reasons we do this job. The mum will find another childminder soon enough. You shouldn't scrap all your plans just for one child x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goatgirl View Post
    Hi ,
    Its great that Mum feels her little one has benefited for the environment you have provided for him, so I'd be taking that as a huge compliment

At the same time, you are quite right to do what's best for you. Childminding is just not working out the way you wanted it to and doing things because of guilt rarely ends well. Think of what's best for you and stick to your guns. You don't need any excuses or reasons for Mum. Its a lovely compliment that she'd want lo to stay if you were to continue, but.... you have decided not to renew your registration and will be persuing other interests and retraining. End of.
    Just say it with a smile and wish her and lo the best of luck . If you haven't put it in writing yet, just hand over an envelope with formal termination letter in at the same time

Good luck with Mum and with your new start, be proud of doing what feels right for your future
    Thanks I know your right, and yes I am so very pleased she thinks I do a good job. I know that I dont want to carry on, just cant help feeling bad and doing what I can to help, and again your right in that it usually ends up biting me in the bum! She's asked a number of times what I am going to do when I stop and I just say I dont know yet, I think if she asks again I will tell her what i have lined up then she may accept that I am not for changing my mind. X

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

as mum is happy with your care, ask her for a reference, so that you can show what you have been doing for the past year when applying for jobs, and also to boost your confidence that you are ( were ) doing a good job, just not the job for you.

good luck xx