Do you display your ofsted certificate?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you display your ofsted certificate?

A your registration certificate on the wall?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes mine is up on the wall in my hallway....it has to be on display when working.
    Pixie Dust

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Yes mine is up on the wall in my hallway....it has to be on display when working.
    Yes, it is a requirement to 'display' it at the setting:

EYFS 2012 : Section 3.75 : 4th point.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

As well as your insurance first aid and ofsted parents poster

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmaine86 View Post
    Insurance not required.

It just states it must be displayed and that doesn't mean it has to be at the front door.
    Debbie

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

These need to be available, not displayed...

EYFS 2014 : Section 3.74- says about having how to contact Ofsted available (that is the Ofsted poster)

EYFS 2014 : Section 3.24- says about holding a first aid certificate, not displaying it.

Insurance- can't find that in the EYFS at the moment... do you know the Section?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was informed by my child improvement officer to have these displayed for when ofsted attend

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'Displayed' is a 'grey' word. Mine are in my file which is open on the appropriate page. I keep it on the dining room table and put it away a the end of the day. Ofsted said this was totally fine. Don't want it on my walls. x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was informed by my child improvement officer to have these displayed for when ofsted attend
    Such 'Officers' have been known to inform CMers of all kinds of nonsense.
    Best to ask them to refer you to the relevant section of the EYFS when they have a helpful 'suggestion' for you!

You can choose to display what you like and display it how you like.
    I put up in my porch my reg certificate, PLI and Ofsted poster.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Such 'Officers' have been known to inform CMers of all kinds of nonsense.
    Best to ask them to refer you to the relevant section of the EYFS when they have a helpful 'suggestion' for you!

You can choose to display what you like and display it how you like.
    I put up in my porch my reg certificate, PLI and Ofsted poster.
    I have displayed the same as Moggy - Ofsted registration certificate, Liability insurance & employee liability insurance (as my daughter is registered (but hardly used) as my assistant and Ofsted Poster.

If you don't want to have these on display all the time you could just pin them on a small notice board and take it down at the weekend. Or sure I saw on here recently or may have been the facebook page where someone made their double sided picture frame, one side had Ofsted stuff in and then she could swivel it round and display a photo or poster at weekends.

Simona Guest

What on earth is a 'child improvement officer' ???????????

What a strange title....what does he/she want to improve in children?...honestly I heard it all now and as said below the advice is a bit questionable...to say the least...maybe the EYFS he/she follows is different from that available to the rest of the workforce

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

How can it be different when only one eyfs is available to us all. The lady was there to help make sure all required paperwork was in place and up to date I was only doing what I was asked to do.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How can it be different when only one eyfs is available to us all. The lady was there to help make sure all required paperwork was in place and up to date I was only doing what I was asked to do.
    Unfortunately a lot of improvement officers/development officers interpret things in their own way and tell you things have to be done a certain way, when they don't. It's very hard for a new childminder starting out to know whether what they're telling you is right or not. You have to believe someone and as an improvement officer should know what they're talking about, it's only natural that you believe them. Although I'm sure most are pretty knowledgeable and do give you correct info, sadly some really haven't got a clue and you wonder if they have ever actually read th EYFS.

Much of what they tell you is what we would consider "good practice" - it doesn't have to be done (as in there's no rule in the EYFS to say so), but it's probably best if you do. It's not going to cause any harm to do it, but if it's something you don't want to do, you shouldn't feel you have to.

In your case, you have been told to display certain things. You don't actually have to (as it doesn't say so in the EYFS), but it's not going to cause you any harm if you do and at least you'll know you have more than enough on display. But for people who don't want posters etc on their walls, they can follow the EYFS and display only what is absolutely necessary - and even then it doesn't have to be on a wall.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Agree with Mouse about LA staff interpreting things differently

You may find yourself 'jumping through hoops' that are unnecessary until you feel more confident about your practice, and what the EYFS says.

Best practice is a phrase my LA likes to throw willy nilly but I have found it generally means making more work than there needs to be.
    Take on board the things you like, think will work for you, that will make your life easier, and then smile and nod with regard to the rest

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is all in the EYFS - my advice is to sit down one quiet afternoon with a highlighter and highlight what is relevant to you at this time. Mine is covered with so much scribble, highlights and comments about what goes in which policy. Decide what you need as we all interpret what we need and we are all different.
    Debbie

17. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

I am sorry I was a little bit sarcastic about the EY person who was helping you...it was her title that caught my eye!!
    Yes ...as you say there is only one EYFS...so it is intriguing how some DOs...or consultants... tend to put 'additional requests' on what it requires us to do...a bit like the Ofsted inspectors who make individual judgements that are totally unrequired in the EYFS

Good that you came here to check though....you got good advice...next step would be to ask your DO why she has asked you to do what is not really required...a wee challenge would not hurt her I suppose

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No you don't have to display your First Aid or Public Liability Insurance. However if you have an assistant you have to display your Employer's Insurance.