Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: child's name

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default child's name

Mindee has been with me since January. On contracts and everything mum has signed she has put lo's surname. Today she has arrived with a coat and in it there is a label that has her 1st name and a completely different surname.
    Her 1st name is very very unique and the chances of her getting a 2nd hand coat from someone with the same 1st name is very unlikely.

Should I mention to mum? Or does it not really matter?

I can't help thinking about what would happen if there was an accident and she was rushed to hospital. They wouldn't be able to find her medical records because I have the wrong surname. I know this is very unlikely and mum would arrive anyway but im such a worrier.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe mum has changed surname.. when my partner and I split my daughter had his surname. I changed her name with doctors dentist crèche etc to my surname and then got Birth certificate amended to show change of name but I had to prove I used my surname with her for 2 years before they changed it. Could be the case here maybe
    Tess1981

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ask the mum!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd ask mum.
    I grew up with 2 surnames ..my 'official' long surname that was my natural fathers plus my stepfathers and my 'everyday' surname that was the same as my stepfathers.

My mum did it all legally through the courts as I was a child but she didn't want my Fathers details removed from my birth certificate so my stepfather couldn't adopt me officially.