Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default From the mouths of Babes....

Had 10mins to finish my breakkie before my Mindee was due to arrive. Only had 1/3 of a banana to go.

Doorbell went so I ignored it and just carried on eating. DD (8) stated the obvious "Mum, xxx's at the door". So I explained that they will have to wait as they are early and I'm just finishing my banana.

So DD holler's "You'll have to wait. You're too early and Mum's finishing her banana"

I know that's exactly what I was doing and they were early, but I was so embarrassed. I answered the door immediately but was obviously still chewing

2. Likes Maza, Koala, lisbet, loocyloo, hsav liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats so funny! I dread something like that happening lol xxx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Once I woke up rather late and the doorbell rang. I was desperately trying to make myself look presentable. I asked DD answer the intercom phone and tell them I'll be down in a minute (we live in a flat). She answered the intercom and said "Hi, we'll be down in a minute, my mum's just putting on her make-up!" I was also so embarrassed!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I was telling my mindees that we don't have to go to school today as my Grandad is picking my son up.

5 year old pipes up 'why isn't your grandad dead yet?'

My Grandad will find this hilarious, lol!

6. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently whilst reading a dinosaur story I explained that there was no need to be afraid as there were no dinosaurs alive anymore, that they had died out 1000's of years ago. My eldest charge ask me ' were you scared when you saw them' !!!!! xx

8. Likes Maza, lisbet, loocyloo, hsav liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the mindee I had years ago who was learning about victorians (I think) and told me they used candles as they didn't have lights. then asked if I remembered what I did when I was little and had no lights in my house, followed by "did you live in a house in those days"!!!

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Like the mindee I had years ago who was learning about victorians (I think) and told me they used candles as they didn't have lights. then asked if I remembered what I did when I was little and had no lights in my house, followed by "did you live in a house in those days"!!!
    My daughter asked me what it was like when it was black and white in the olden days. I was pi**ing myself laughing and couldn't stop. She cried and then kicked me. This made me laugh even harder. Great childminder, terrible mother!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    My daughter asked me what it was like when it was black and white in the olden days. I was pi**ing myself laughing and couldn't stop. She cried and then kicked me. This made me laugh even harder. Great childminder, terrible mother!
    years ago my daughter asked the exact same thing about black and white on olden days! She is almost 12 now and sees the funny side when I tell her!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My 8 year old son asked my Granny if she was on the Titanic! She's only 67 lol!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    My 8 year old son asked my Granny if she was on the Titanic! She's only 67 lol!
    lol! My 8 year old thinks I am ancient because I wasn't born in 2000 and something! Kept repeating 1981 over and over again as if I am 100!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

My ds asked me what it was like with the pharoahs and with the romans lol. I know I had him a little later than some at 32 but really? Lol.