Friends with parents on Facebook?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Friends with parents on Facebook?

Hiya, I just want to know if any of you lovely minders are friends with mindee's parents in Facebook? I'd like to hear people's opinion..

... Personally, I don't accept any parents on mine, I like to keep my personal life private and keep relationships with parents business and professional! Besides I don't think any of them would appreciate most of my Friday night status's hahaha!

2. Likes KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have my mindees mum on facebook, however she is related to my aunt and im friends with mindees gran so im sure if she disliked anything I put she wouldnt have sent mindee to me. The only thing that has changed is if mindee was napping I may have had a sneak peek at facebook if id done all paper work etc. Now since i accepted her it is a no go until he leaves at the end of the day as I dont want her to think im on it all day when im not. Plus I see all her private life too!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't. For all the reasons you have mentioned. x

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm friends with all mindees mums on FB, Infact, most enquiries are done through it. (Just got personal page, not childminding page) .. I actually quite like seeing what they're up to when not with me and it's also been great if they've not been well as means I already know and they can't say they're fine lol x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greanan View Post
    I think I'm friends with all mindees mums on FB, Infact, most enquiries are done through it. (Just got personal page, not childminding page) .. I actually quite like seeing what they're up to when not with me and it's also been great if they've not been well as means I already know and they can't say they're fine lol x
    I never really thought about that! Good point!! I think I'm just weary because I'm 22 and a different generation to most mums, I don't think it's suit me personally!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am. My first enquiry came via Facebook and my clients and friends have recommended me on local pages when people are looking for Childcare. I think it's a great way of keeping in touch (via messenger - free to send photos for example). Having said that I'm lucky with the parents I have and I don't really post much. I guess it has made me think about not posting 'thank god it's Friday' type posts! For us it's just another way of communicating.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm friends with a few of my parents, it's very handy I often find out that lo been sick before I get the text to say their not coming the next day

I don't put many status' on mine, i usually only go on it to see what my own adult children are up to
    Cath

9. Likes CH1957 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrudiR View Post
    Yes I am. My first enquiry came via Facebook and my clients and friends have recommended me on local pages when people are looking for Childcare. I think it's a great way of keeping in touch (via messenger - free to send photos for example). Having said that I'm lucky with the parents I have and I don't really post much. I guess it has made me think about not posting 'thank god it's Friday' type posts! For us it's just another way of communicating.
    Haha! This is the first full week I have done in a long time as I only have mindee a full week in 4 (have him 3 days the other 3 weeks) so today was the first time in a while i have had that thank god its friday feeling, but as you say I didnt post on FB due to parents being on there!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlebears1009 View Post
    Haha! This is the first full week I have done in a long time as I only have mindee a full week in 4 (have him 3 days the other 3 weeks) so today was the first time in a while i have had that thank god its friday feeling, but as you say I didnt post on FB due to parents being on there!
    First time I've worked every day of the week for me too! The wine helped!!! Tonight that is not whole I was working!! Lol!

Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    Hiya, I just want to know if any of you lovely minders are friends with mindee's parents in Facebook? I'd like to hear people's opinion..

... Personally, I don't accept any parents on mine, I like to keep my personal life private and keep relationships with parents business and professional! Besides I don't think any of them would appreciate most of my Friday night status's hahaha!
    No and for exactly the same reasons as you gave! No parent has ever requested me as a friend but if they did i'd decline and tell them why.However i expect many past and present parents have been able to read a comment i may have left on a mutual friends post.Don't like the thought of that but thats the power of facebook! (unless i blocked that parent or is that a bit extreme!?) Would also not set up a private childminding,parent group on fb. Don't want it linked atall with work

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 different profiles on fb one personal and another one as my business name. Happy to accept friends requests on my business profile and a great way to communicate with parents.