Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have signed, I can't believe that something so important can be given to organizations that are only interested in profit.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    I have signed, I can't believe that something so important can be given to organizations that are only interested in profit.
    MPs are not listening at the moment as Cameron has given them an extra 19 days holidays at taxpayers expense.
    Having a good go on twitter though...plenty joining in and now over 10,000 have signed

Simona Guest

I was reading the Letter section in The Guardian last night and there were quite a few letters against this proposal
    This is what is already happening in Devon according to one letter:

Child Protection and children's services including disability have been sold to Virgin Care (yes Richard Branson's Virgin Care ...none other) under the name Integrated Children's Services Devon

The letter says there have been cuts, redundancies and high quality staff leaving and a huge negative impact on vulnerable families

I want to know what does Branson know about Child Protection ...but then he is buying parts of the NHS as well ....is he not?

Keep sharing and signing...thank you and hope the forum management will come out and promote this petition

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that the petition will do much. I can see this going ahead. I'm in birmingham and was on the radio today about this but because birmingham has just been graded inadequate again the general opinion has been can a private company do any worse than the LA. A difficult one for me to argue about but I did try.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    I don't think that the petition will do much. I can see this going ahead. I'm in birmingham and was on the radio today about this but because birmingham has just been graded inadequate again the general opinion has been can a private company do any worse than the LA. A difficult one for me to argue about but I did try.
    Yes it's on the BBC News as well....Birmingham has an acute shortage of Social Workers and many cases have been closed
    It beggars belief that this govt can cut money in Safeguarding teams while telling everyone keeping children safe is its top priority.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12