spider
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: spider

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default spider

    I hate the thoughts of spiders make my skin crawl. Anyway 5 yo mindee asks can he get toys out if cupboard I said work away. He comes back saying there is a spider in the box I peep in and the ugly thing Is looking at me and neither of us will reach in for a toy lol two big chickens he us now playing bricks with a 2 yo til my 15 yo ds gets in at 4 pm lol
    Tess1981

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    867
    Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    an easy way to get rid of a spider without touching it is to get a glass tumbler and a piece of stiff paper put glass over spider slide the paper underneath lift it all up carry outside put on ground and lift the cup up also works for wasps and bees.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's in the bottom if the plastic box ... my hand is not going in there so instead we are making zombie ten pin bowling instead
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tess1981

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    381
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QualityCare View Post
    an easy way to get rid of a spider without touching it is to get a glass tumbler and a piece of stiff paper put glass over spider slide the paper underneath lift it all up carry outside put on ground and lift the cup up also works for wasps and bees.
    Nah HOOVER lol lol

    I don't care about the welfare of spiders, they are creepy horrid things and were put on this earth to torment me.

  5. Likes Kiddleywinks, Dragonfly liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,935
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Spiders really don't bother me. I couldn't touch one with my bare hands, but I'm happy enough to catch it in something and put it outside. I'd never kill one.

  7. Likes AliceK, bernesewalking liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Bunny View Post

    Nah HOOVER lol lol

    I don't care about the welfare of spiders, they are creepy horrid things and were put on this earth to torment me.
    Why didn't I think of that......
    Tess1981

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,243
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They ruin my life. Whenever hubby is going away for work I always pray that a spider doesn't appear when he is gone. I then pray for my husband to have a safe trip. I can't get close enough to them to hoover them up or move them with a cup. I don't swear much but the air turns blue when I see one.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,864
    Registered Childminder since
    2011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol just to freak you out (that's mean after all your support today tess!) just shows though spiders have feelings too!!

  11. Likes AliceK liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,864
    Registered Childminder since
    2011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    image-1536335687.jpg

    Here u go sorry forgot to attach!!

  13. Likes funemnx, Nogin, N/A liked this post
  14. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Lol just to freak you out (that's mean after all your support today tess!) just shows though spiders have feelings too!!
    Omg boke.... beady eyed buggers... lol
    Tess1981

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carlton Colville, Suffolk
    Posts
    1,211
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This post has made me shudder!
    Just the thought of a spider is bad enough, let alone having one in a toy box arrrgggghhhhhhh....

    Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble Beez View Post
    This post has made me shudder!
    Just the thought of a spider is bad enough, let alone having one in a toy box arrrgggghhhhhhh....

    Sarah x
    Well after I get the hoover put it will be no more.. insert evil laugh here
    Tess1981

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,864
    Registered Childminder since
    2011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Well after I get the hoover put it will be no more.. insert evil laugh here
    But what about it's baabbbbiiieeesss?!!!

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post

    But what about it's baabbbbiiieeesss?!!!
    Do you want me to have a freaking heart attack... I am going to have to move house!!!!!!!
    Tess1981

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    7,000
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    image-1536335687.jpg

    Here u go sorry forgot to attach!!
    That has made me laugh out loud

    Spiders are good insects and I do try not to kill them. Though if they jump out at me I cant say I always treat them respectfully
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,978
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this thread has made me laugh because im the spider mover in this house. OH wont even sit on the sofa if one has gone underneath lol. I do my best to catch them and put them outside but if they get injured by accident they get flushed.

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    this thread has made me laugh because im the spider mover in this house. OH wont even sit on the sofa if one has gone underneath lol. I do my best to catch them and put them outside but if they get injured by accident they get flushed.
    Oh imagine sitting on the toilet for a pee and one crawling back up lmao
    Tess1981

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Omg! Just reading this thread and no word of a lie a spider runs across my room! I couldn't believe it. I was brave enough to catch it under a cup but waiting for my hubby to sort it out when he gets home lol

  23. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,864
    Registered Childminder since
    2011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    Omg! Just reading this thread and no word of a lie a spider runs across my room! I couldn't believe it. I was brave enough to catch it under a cup but waiting for my hubby to sort it out when he gets home lol
    Lol that's unreal!!

  24. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    804
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The size of us and a wee spider seems to get one over on us lol
    Tess1981

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
spider spider spider

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk