Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screamer!!!

Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post

From a cup with me reasonably well but I don't feel it's enough when he isn't eating naff all!

Took him out for walk in buggy and he stopped immediately, then fell asleep , slept on when back so hope he sleeps a while, he seems to be better in afternoon when he has had a good nap.

Thanks tess you kept me sane this morning knowing you were 'on the other end of the line' .. Appreciate it xx
    You are very welcome ... others keep me sane on here too X
    Tess1981

Post Thanks / Like

Ok mum is en route think there needs to be a frank chat . What do I need to talk to her about? I think she is breastfeeding him in the afternoon when she is off, would that lead him to expect it every day at that time and make him miserable?

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

If he gets it at home in the afternoon he expects it when he is hungry. It's what he is used to. mum might also think this is their time together and not want to give it up. Suggest she tries a cup or bottle at home and maybe reduce breastfeeding feeding to night time. It would also help if she didn't let him fall asleep whole feeding so he will be able to settle to sleep without being fed. If the milk is reduced from mum he should get hungrier and maybe eat more solids. Be careful how you approach it telling a parent not to breastfeeding feed and suggesting breast feeding be reduced to aid settling in so the child is more relaxed and content are two different things. I hope it goes well x
    Tess1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    If he gets it at home in the afternoon he expects it when he is hungry. It's what he is used to. mum might also think this is their time together and not want to give it up. Suggest she tries a cup or bottle at home and maybe reduce breastfeeding feeding to night time. It would also help if she didn't let him fall asleep whole feeding so he will be able to settle to sleep without being fed. If the milk is reduced from mum he should get hungrier and maybe eat more solids. Be careful how you approach it telling a parent not to breastfeeding feed and suggesting breast feeding be reduced to aid settling in so the child is more relaxed and content are two different things. I hope it goes well x
    Mum was fine. She wanted to know did I think he was ill. I said I didn't know but he was more settled yesterday than today which I expected to be the other way around. She said if he wasn't unwell tomorrow would I take him and I said of course, I wasn't asking her to collect
    Him and she said yes I know but I can't concentrate at work if I know he isn't happy so I may as well collect him! I have sent her a link to the baby sleep website as some of my other mums have found it helpful, she said he doesn't sleep despite Best efforts (hmm) and came into their bed at two but won't sleep there either and she was up to him about 7 times. Rod to back comes to mind. Wish people would see it's actually kinder to get
    Them in a sleep routine!

Didn't get as far as the whole breastfeed
    Thing, I looked back at his routine she gave him and she pretty much feeds him a lot of the day so if he gets that four days a week he is gonna be confused alright.. Thanks for tips it has to be handled gently alright and didn't feel today was the time, will have to drip feed it I think

Hate that she collected really cos I don't want her to think I can't cope which is why I said I wasn't asking her to collect was her decision

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending u hugs I had a screamer and I always just wanted to cry hope it soon settles down sending hugs xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the the hugs!! Well I don't want to jinx it but we have had a really good morning on the whole! He didn't cry when daddy left him off, then cried a bit on and off as he was tired , he did roar then for 20 Mins in the car but wouldn't drop off and of course did as soon as we arrived where we wanted to go! So we sat in the car and let him have half an hour and then we walked in the botanic gardens for over an hour and I fed him snacks as he went along (ate a reasonable amount of breakfast too!) when we came back he played really happily for about half an hilt laughing at me and smiling, (he is so cute when he is smiling!) and then suddenly got tired.:. I popped him in buggy and he literally went to sleep after crying for one minute!! Nearly half an hour usually as he is breastfed to sleep at home and I can't console him! Hope he has a decent sleep now !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12